Food Warmer Lamp

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
7:22 AM
I recently tried making Eggs Benedict for the first time and noted that it is a time critical process. I made Hash Browns before starting too. And I found that I had to re-heat the Hash Browns before serving.

One thing leads to another and I am curious about small food warming lamps.

I know that these should not be used for something like Hollandaise Sauce or Soft Yolked Eggs like Poached Eggs. Understood by common sense.

I would be looking for a small food Warming Lamp and things like Steam Trays/Steam Tables are out of the question.

If the food is cooked in an electric pot or pan, I turn it to the lowest setting to let it stay in there to keep it warm. In the oven or on top of the stove to keep it warm. :whistling:

Yes, I use my oven, on the lowest temperature setting, to keep things warm while I cook other things.

CD

Yes, I use my oven, on the lowest temperature setting, to keep things warm while I cook other things.

CD
I have a Keep Warm setting on mine that holds at about 170F. I use it all the time.

I just time it as best as I can..turn your potatoes down to lowest temp and put a lid on it to stop it from drying out..right before you are ready to serve, just crank the heat and give them a couple of minutes to heat back up..Heat lamps dry stuff out..and should only be used for a minute or two..Many restaurants don't use them because of that reason..they just concentrate on having wait staff and kitchen staff to be coordinated so food doesn't sit around..heat lamps can cause a false sense of security and the food quality starts to diminish the minute it goes under the lamp.
You could probably make due with a goose neck desk lamp and a flood light..they get pretty hot

Last edited:
I have decided against food warmer lamps, in favor of low temperature covered pot heating or, if possible, steam or hot water pans perhaps, under food containers.

Back
Top Bottom