Food Without Salt

For myself, I stopped eating salt years ago. I found a product that works for me: Morton Salt Substitute.

I don't add any salt to anything except for a teaspoonful when I make bread, and I certainly don't put it on food either - freshly ground black pepper is a far nicer substitute. I have naturally high sodium levels and was told to avoid salt wherever possible, so I tend to avoid processed foods. If my sodium levels do drop, then I have a treat of a packet of mini-cheddars or a rasher of bacon with my breakfast. I also avoid sugar wherever possible. When I make porridge or rice pudding, I don't add any sugar at all and I have found a very nice "no added sugar" muesli which gets all its sweetness from the dried apples in it. I do like cake but even then I cut down the amount of sugar in them and once the cake has cooled I cut it into slices and put it in the freezer so one cake can last me a few weeks, a particularly useful back up if my sugar levels drop.

I can and don't cook with much salt at all. I have blood pressure issues. you can always add salt at any point even at the table. but you can't take it out. Also Morton Salt has a great tasting substitute. and if you are taking a water pill for your blood pressure this can be beneficial, since the water pill depletes your potassium the and the salt sub is made of Potassium chloride. helps keep your levels in better shape.

For myself, I stopped eating salt years ago. I found a product that works for me: Morton Salt Substitute.

Just said the same thing. LOL! didn't read all the posts here but I totally agree! I, as I am sure you have also tasted the other salt subs. YUCK! No Salt YIKES! tangy is not a good replacement for salt!

I was completely addicted to salt for many years. Then I realized that it was causing my hands and feet to swell frequently. Now, I only use salt in small amounts on certain foods. I have found that I can instead use Mrs. Dash original seasoning on most foods and still be very satisfied with the flavor.

Back
Top Bottom