Foods for Migraines

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
1:05 PM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)
I had the mother of all migraines this morning - but I seemed to dull it down with ibuprofen, as well as a lot of coffee and some chocolate. I always find that if I have caffeine it seems to help.

Do you know of any other foods that might help migraines? I haven't had one strike me in a while so this one came out of the blue for me a little.

A herb called fever few is rumoured to help calm migraines
You can crush the leaves and make a tea or eat the leaves as you would lettuce

Ice cream, counter your hot head with something cold and sweet. It works for me anyway but you can also have chamomile tea the relaxing properties work for sleeping too.

I usually can't eat when I have a migraine. It will just make me sick. I have to lay down in the dark somewhere, take some ibuprofen and wait for it to pass. Caffeine would only make it worse for me. I haven't had one in a while but when I do get one they are miserable to deal with. Not much fun at all!

Low fat milk, cantaloupe, cherries, fatty fish, water, navy beans and potatoes are said to help based on an article I read online. I still think what works for Peter might not work for Paul.....or @cupcakechef.

A herb called fever few is rumoured to help calm migraines
You can crush the leaves and make a tea or eat the leaves as you would lettuce

I had never heard of this herb before but I'll have to check it out! I like the fact that there's a couple of different ways you can consume it - especially the tea variety since I always find the simple act of brewing tea rather soothing.

I had never heard of this herb before but I'll have to check it out! I like the fact that there's a couple of different ways you can consume it - especially the tea variety since I always find the simple act of brewing tea rather soothing.

I checked it out as I had never heard of it myself. If it's the right think it looks very much like a flower actually was just looking for few leaving out the fever then the fever few search came up with this.
http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-feverfew.html

Ice cream, counter your hot head with something cold and sweet. It works for me anyway but you can also have chamomile tea the relaxing properties work for sleeping too.

I used to have migraine when I was still studying and the probable cause was the stress in doing homeworks. The usual remedy is ice cream and other cold items like soda with plenty of ice. Perhaps the cold relaxes the veins in the head so the tension is eased and the migraine goes away. But if that doesn't work, try applying a cold compress to the affected portion. That cold compress never fails me - press on the head for 2 minutes, take it off for 1 minute and put it back again... 2 minutes and 1 minute intervals.

Back
Top Bottom