Foods That You do Not Eat But Still Cooking It

zararian

Veteran
Local time
5:56 PM
Are there any foods that you do not eat but you are still preparing or cooking? It could be because your family loves the food and you have no choice but to prepare it.
Personally I do not eat foods made of sticky rice. But because everyone loves it aside form me, it is still prepared in the household.

Yes, there are a few foods I hate that I still make because my husband wants them. One of them, which I hate the most, is sweet potatoes. He loves those stupid things, but the smell makes me want to gag. I tried to eat them once and almost vomited. I don't like the sweet or the texture. They're terrible. I am not a huge fan of spaghetti. If I don't eat it for a year, I can maybe eat it twice in the next year. But my husband loves it and wants every few months and I just can't eat it that many times.

My husband loves the french cut green beans and I just can not stand the texture of them. I prefer the cut green beans so I usually have to use two cans. Yes, shocker, we prefer the canned variety. A lot of people swear by fresh green beans but I can't get past the snap of those. Anyway, other than the different green beans, we pretty much have the same tastes, thank goodness.

I am not a fan of anything that has peas in it. I have never liked them and can't stand making them because the smell really bothers me. I never had a bad experience with them they're just not my style.

I don't eat macaroni and cheese much anymore, especially not Kraft. I like the super cheesy good stuff that people bring to potlucks, but I feel like Kraft Mac and Cheese has gone way down hill in the flavor department. I still make it whenever we have hamburgers for dinner though, because my kids of course love it.

On the flip side, no one in my family can currently tolerate milk, but I still love it. Every once in a while I'll buy a gallon and have it on cereal every day for a week, but then freeze what is left for baking. I can't complain because it has saved my grocery budget about $6 a week - but I do miss having it around all the time.

Back
Top Bottom