Foods that you should never freeze?

Im not surprised you can't freeze lettuce and cucumber. As its mostly water it will turn to mush when defrosted. Eggs can be frozen but you have to take them out of they're shell and freeze in something like ice cube makers.

I have stored raw egg whites in the freezer and used them to make an Angel Cake. :wink:

It's funny sour cream was mentioned. Recently I stuck the remains of some I had in the freezer. I knew going in it was going to be waste of time but I did it anyway. I don't think I would think to freeze any of the thing mentioned except rice. I am sure many will disagree. I know one or two people who freeze rice as a rule.

It's funny sour cream was mentioned. Recently I stuck the remains of some I had in the freezer. I knew going in it was going to be waste of time but I did it anyway. I don't think I would think to freeze any of the thing mentioned except rice. I am sure many will disagree. I know one or two people who freeze rice as a rule.

I've also froze cooked rice. ?And it came out fine. Also, I've stored cooked pasta in the freezer. it, too, was fine after thawing it out. So you can't believe everything that you might hear! :wink: :headshake: :stop:

I freeze cooked rice routinely and have had no difficulties. Mashed potatoes can not be frozen though, something about the texture wen they are mashed causes them to separate and when they are thawed they are watery and gritty and you can't get them to go back to a decent texture. Still edible though, just not very appealing. I don't think you can freeze cream cheese either. It also separates and falls apart and becomes unspreadable.

I also freeze cooked rice without having any issues. I just let it thaw out before I use the rice or it will become mushy something with pasta, it is over cooked. I often cook a large pot of rice for the sole purpose of freezing it, I divide the up into how many days I plan to use rice but it in a baggy and freeze it, so that when I need rice I just reach in the freezer and get one of the bags I have all ready cooked, saving me time.

I've also froze cooked rice. ?And it came out fine. Also, I've stored cooked pasta in the freezer. it, too, was fine after thawing it out. So you can't believe everything that you might hear! :wink: :headshake: :stop:

Isn't that the truth!! These days you have to take a lot of what you read online with a 'pinch of salt. In connection with the rice; I tried freezing some way back when a friend suggested I give it a go, but it did not work out well for me. I just have memories of too much water running out. I just did not get it right somehow.

Back
Top Bottom