Recipe 'Foolproof' Macarons

ChefBasics

Local time
9:25 PM
Website
youtube.com
1622472686565.jpg

Hey guys, havent posted in a while because i got a new phone and couldnt remember my bloody password!

Anyway, heres my recipe for Macarons which is the one i show all my students as it is nearly foolproof (as long as you follow the recipe strictly!) As always i do have a video on this which shows the critical stages throughout but not sure if i would be allowed to post a link so i have written out the method as best as i can!

Recipe:

100g egg whites
100g caster sugar
100g almond flour
100g icing sugar
Pinch of salt
Few drops of lemon juice

Food colouring

combine the powdered sugar and almond flour, place in a spice grinder or food processor and pulse about 8 times, until extra fine. Sift the almond flour mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl.

Place a large metal or glass bowl over very lightly simmering water, add the egg whites, 1 pinch of salt and a few drops of lemon. Beat with an electric hand mixer until frothy. Gradually add the granulated sugar, about 1 tbsp every 15 seconds, until fully incorporated. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form and remove from heat.

Add the food coloring and beat until just combined.

Add the sifted almond flour mixture to the beaten egg whites and use a spatula to gently fold until combined. After the last addition of almond flour, continue to fold slowly until the batter falls into ribbons and you can make a figure 8 while holding the spatula up.

Transfer the macaron batter into a piping bag fitted with a round tip.

Place 4 dots of the batter in each corner of a rimmed baking sheet, and place a piece of parchment paper or silicone mat over it.

Pipe the macarons in 2.5cm circles, spacing at least 2-cm apart.

Tap the baking sheet on a flat surface 5-10 times to release any air bubbles.

Let the macarons sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 3 hours, until dry to the touch.

Preheat the oven to 285˚F (140˚C).

Bake the macarons for 15-17 minutes, until the feet are well-risen and the macarons don’t stick to the parchment paper.

Let the macarons cool completely before filling.

Make the buttercream: In a large bowl, add the butter and beat with a mixer for 1 minute until light and fluffy. Sift in the powdered sugar and beat until fully incorporated. Add the vanilla and beat to combine.

Transfer the buttercream to a piping bag.

Add a dollop of buttercream to one macaron shell. Top it with another macaron shell to create a sandwich. Repeat with remaining macaron shells and buttercream.

Any questions just ask.

Hey guys, havent posted in a while because i got a new phone and couldnt remember my bloody password!

Ah - I wondered what had happened to you!

Those macaroons look beautiful. You can post a link to the video as long as you also include written instructions (which you have done), :okay:

View attachment 64599

Anyway, heres my recipe for Macarons which is the one i show all my students as it is nearly foolproof (as long as you follow the recipe strictly!) As always i do have a video on this which shows the critical stages throughout but not sure if i would be allowed to post a link so i have written out the method as best as i can!

Recipe:

100g egg whites
100g caster sugar
100g almond flour
100g icing sugar
Pinch of salt
Few drops of lemon juice

Food colouring

combine the powdered sugar and almond flour, place in a spice grinder or food processor and pulse about 8 times, until extra fine. Sift the almond flour mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl.

Place a large metal or glass bowl over very lightly simmering water, add the egg whites, 1 pinch of salt and a few drops of lemon. Beat with an electric hand mixer until frothy. Gradually add the granulated sugar, about 1 tbsp every 15 seconds, until fully incorporated. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form and remove from heat.

Add the food coloring and beat until just combined.

Add the sifted almond flour mixture to the beaten egg whites and use a spatula to gently fold until combined. After the last addition of almond flour, continue to fold slowly until the batter falls into ribbons and you can make a figure 8 while holding the spatula up.

Transfer the macaron batter into a piping bag fitted with a round tip.

Place 4 dots of the batter in each corner of a rimmed baking sheet, and place a piece of parchment paper or silicone mat over it.

Pipe the macarons in 2.5cm circles, spacing at least 2-cm apart.

Tap the baking sheet on a flat surface 5-10 times to release any air bubbles.

Let the macarons sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 3 hours, until dry to the touch.

Preheat the oven to 285˚F (140˚C).

Bake the macarons for 15-17 minutes, until the feet are well-risen and the macarons don’t stick to the parchment paper.

Let the macarons cool completely before filling.

Make the buttercream: In a large bowl, add the butter and beat with a mixer for 1 minute until light and fluffy. Sift in the powdered sugar and beat until fully incorporated. Add the vanilla and beat to combine.

Transfer the buttercream to a piping bag.

Add a dollop of buttercream to one macaron shell. Top it with another macaron shell to create a sandwich. Repeat with remaining macaron shells and buttercream.

Any questions just ask.
Here is the video:
View: https://youtu.be/Dy6RC2FRh7M

Ah - I wondered what had happened to you!

Those macaroons look beautiful. You can post a link to the video as long as you also include written instructions (which you have done), :okay:
Yeah all this security on devices like finger prints and 2 step authentication makes it incredible difficult to switch devices without telling your life story to a phone 8 times in a row!

Back
Top Bottom