For When You Don't Cook

Termyn8or

Local time
4:18 AM
What do you order or go get ? If pizza, what on it ? If fast food, which ? (I will not eat McD's and I am currently boycotting Wendy's)

What is out there, that is acceptable to you ?

T

Because of our location, we're limited to many of the usual fast food/pizza chains, and that's about it, and one local, non-chain roadside bar/tavern.

If we get pizza, it's either from the tavern (pepperoni) or Pizza Hut (pork topping & onion).

Common fast food orders for us include chicken fingers basket from DQ, burgers and fries from the burger joints, roast beef and fries from Arby's. We ordered hot wings for the first time in a long time from Rooster's, and they're weren't very good.

We used to like the taco salad from Taco Bell, then they dropped it from the menu, so we haven't been back to Taco Bell since.

Skyline chili (Cincinnati chili) is popular here and we have one in town. MrsT will usually a coney and a salad, and I'll get a coney (no chili) and fries.

I think we normally get Sushi or Korean BBQ when we order in. The Mrs can be a bit picky, otherwise I'd probably get Cuban food or Pizza more often.
Things I don't think work well as take-out/delivery: Salad wraps, fries, anything that's deep-fried. The texture just isn't the same after its been in a bag for 15-20 minutes.

For dinner, pizza from our favorite wood fired oven place. Thai/Japanese from a local place. Sometimes Greek from a small local chain. There's a burger place we'll get takeout from once in a while, they do gastro pub type burgers. Sometimes Mexican, but last couple of times there were issues, so... Same thing with Cuban, we used to really like the place when dad ran it, but he let son take over and quality went down. KFC once in a while.

For lunch, we'll hit BK or Culver's, rarely Sonic, Taco Bell.

Oh, the tavern where we sometimes get pizza, we'll also have their burgers ("Home Of The Fatboy!"), fries (which can come loaded with sour cream, chili, jalapeños, onions, etc), and a couple of other sandwiches, like their Philly cheesesteak, reuben, etc.

I think we normally get Sushi or Korean BBQ when we order in. The Mrs can be a bit picky, otherwise I'd probably get Cuban food or Pizza more often.
Things I don't think work well as take-out/delivery: Salad wraps, fries, anything that's deep-fried. The texture just isn't the same after its been in a bag for 15-20 minutes.

If you are in western PP and like Mexican, try I "heart" tacos on Pines Boulevard, west of 75. I think they have other locations now too. They are pretty good. Besides tacos, they have burritos and quesadillas that all use variations of the same fillings. I like their vegetarian filling, roasted poblanos, corn, onions, crema, and chihuahua cheese. I came up with a copycat when we moved into Broward County.

Oops, I just looked them up and they have closed the PP location and are only open in Weston. Guess the pandemic did them in. Too bad. I remember when they first started in a tiny little spot that was takeout only next to the Dunkin Donuts in western PP.

If you are in western PP and like Mexican, try I "heart" tacos on Pines Boulevard, west of 75. I think they have other locations now too. They are pretty good. Besides tacos, they have burritos and quesadillas that all use variations of the same fillings. I like their vegetarian filling, roasted poblanos, corn, onions, crema, and chihuahua cheese. I came up with a copycat when we moved into Broward County.

Oops, I just looked them up and they have closed the PP location and are only open in Weston. Guess the pandemic did them in. Too bad. I remember when they first started in a tiny little spot that was takeout only next to the Dunkin Donuts in western PP.
We have a similar restaurant here called "Los Tacos" that used to get mixed up with "I heart tacos" all the time. Its walking distance from my house and very good!

For Chinese takeaway, we drive about 30 minutes to the next town down the road. Our financial planner is in that town, so we combine a trip to see him with a takeaway night.

We have sorted out local good places, fish n chips are the best in Chch. IMHO. Indian Thai Chinese Italian we have our faves. Dinner club has seen us visit out of the way joints as well.

We normally get takeaways on Friday nights.

Russ

If I order delivery, it is pizza. If I get take-out, it is usually a sandwich. I like the subs/hoagies at Jersey Mike's. Those are actually better when you get them home, as the bread soaks up some of the juices.

CD

I used to sometimes order Indian restaurant deliveries but more recently have found them to be rather heavy and to be frank, I can make a curry very quickly and better, these days. I can't recall the last time I had a meal delivery. It was probably years ago. I haven't been to a restaurant for over a year either due to Covid, but when I do, my absolute favourite would be a fish restaurant. Unfortunately there are none in Maidstone!

Back
Top Bottom