Forged aluminium pans, covered with ceramic

ambrosia

Veteran
Local time
1:25 AM
A few month ago I moved to Spain, and am amazed at some of the cooking equipment that they use here. I never before heard of forged aluminium pans that are covered with ceramic. When I first saw them in the supermarket, I thought they were made of white Teflon. Are you familiar with this type of material, and do you consider it as a healthy choice to cook with?

I'm inclined towards really loving something like that, actually. Ceramic sounds so artisanal and natural, it sort of takes me back to pottery class, or fun one-shot experiences brick ovens with pizza stones. I've only heard unhealthy things come about from newfangled things like BPA from plastic bottles or worn-out non-stick pans exposing something-or-other carcinogen. I'm no FDA groupie, though, so... that's just a very layperson impression.

I'm inclined towards really loving something like that, actually. Ceramic sounds so artisanal and natural, it sort of takes me back to pottery class, or fun one-shot experiences brick ovens with pizza stones. I've only heard unhealthy things come about from newfangled things like BPA from plastic bottles or worn-out non-stick pans exposing something-or-other carcinogen. I'm no FDA groupie, though, so... that's just a very layperson impression.
Since I posted this thread I have bought a set of three different sized frying pans and a couple of pots. I find cooking with this new equipment quite exciting, as it seems so clean and smooth in a way. Even when I burn something, there is hardly any residue left in the pots and it washed off so easily. For me it's a new way of cooking.

Back
Top Bottom