Found some good yeast!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
3:04 AM
I was looking to see what food that I don't want and was throwing out, and found some good yeast, so I'm going to make some sweet rolls next week!! :wink:

I wish you all the best in your new home Shermie! I hope you have some volunteers to help carry all your kitchen gadgets!

Frozen fresh yeast is better than dried yeast ,I buy a kilo block at work and divide it and wrap it ,freeze it and remove as needed ,use it in specialized breads and sweet corn blinis

Frozen fresh yeast is better than dried yeast ,I buy a kilo block at work and divide it and wrap it ,freeze it and remove as needed ,use it in specialized breads and sweet corn blinis
cant get it around here anymore sadly. Much prefer to use fresh yeast to frozen, but now on natural instead! Sourdough is great fun!

cant get it around here anymore sadly. Much prefer to use fresh yeast to frozen, but now on natural instead! Sourdough is great fun!
I usd to ask in the bakery in tescos,if I wanted a bit for home or any little bakery,
I buy it from a food supplier now ,very in expensive,I've worked with pastry chefs over the years that have their own sour dough starter,though I like the bread never got to involved ,

I usd to ask in the bakery in tescos,if I wanted a bit for home or any little bakery,
I buy it from a food supplier now ,very in expensive,I've worked with pastry chefs over the years that have their own sour dough starter,though I like the bread never got to involved ,
I have found the sourdough starter much easier than expected and so have the loaves been. I guess it is because I cook by feel rather than a rigid recipe and cooking system. I can look at a loaf and say that it needs another 1hr proving or another 20 mins cooking whereas my OH has to have a set recipe and set instructions and if it does not work, he's stuck!

I have found the sourdough starter much easier than expected and so have the loaves been. I guess it is because I cook by feel rather than a rigid recipe and cooking system. I can look at a loaf and say that it needs another 1hr proving or another 20 mins cooking whereas my OH has to have a set recipe and set instructions and if it does not work, he's stuck!
i noticed on the new profile posts you prove in the fridge!is this sour dough territory,
i have cold proved dough for rolls over night with god results ,so you can have fresh bread fro breakfast time with out getting up so early!!

Back
Top Bottom