Free knife sets

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
10:43 PM
So where we buy our food is the new world supermarkets, franchised and a but more expensive but better quality. Every now and then they do promotions, we get a stamp for every $50 spent. You can spend a lot to her free knives and a block for them. Wife redeemed enough for this knife. Smeg so I consider it good quality. I know we paid by paying higher prices but still, I'm happy with this chefs knife. Do your supermarkets do freebies. We recently had small packs of seeds in a coconut husk given away for kids to grow their own plants. Our grandkids loved them.

Russ

No, we don't get freebies, just fuel discounts and they started a new "cash back" program, which is really store credit, but it doesn't work very well IMO. Out of the five or six times I've tried to get the credit applied to my loyalty card, there's been a problem all but one time.

They also do send out "Best Customer" coupons that frequently contain freebies, but it's just things like a bag of apples or a box of cereal, something like that.

Thinking back...they used to do that when I was a kid. I think they called them green stamps or trading stamps, and they'd spit out of the cash register based on how much you spent, and they'd get stuck in a booklet. Once you had enough, you could send them off for things out of a separate catalog.

Thinking back...they used to do that when I was a kid. I think they called them green stamps or trading stamps, and they'd spit out of the cash register based on how much you spent, and they'd get stuck in a booklet. Once you had enough, you could send them off for things out of a separate catalog.

Yip exactly like that, there's ads on poo pourri book asking for stamps, or even trading with them.

Russ

I remember both my grandmothers collecting S&H green stamps.

S&H Green Stamps - Wikipedia

No, we don't get freebies, just fuel discounts and they started a new "cash back" program, which is really store credit, but it doesn't work very well IMO. Out of the five or six times I've tried to get the credit applied to my loyalty card, there's been a problem all but one time.

They also do send out "Best Customer" coupons that frequently contain freebies, but it's just things like a bag of apples or a box of cereal, something like that.

My Kroger fuel points work fine. You can use them at Kroger gas stations, or at Shell gas stations. I go to Shell. I've never had a problem.

For others here, you get a point for every dollar spent on groceries. You also get points for prescriptions at the pharmacy. If you earn 200 points in one month, you get 10-cents per gallon off of one tank of gas.

There are also a lot of sale prices you can only get with a Kroger Card. Other grocery store do the same.

If you don't want them tracking your purchases, just fill out the form in your dog's name, like I did. His address is also in a Uber-wealthy neighborhood. :wink:

CD

My Kroger fuel points work fine.
My fuel points work fine, but they have a cash back program they rolled out a few months ago that doesn't work so well.

It's sort of like digital coupons, you scroll through the eligible cash back products (if you buy a certain pack of bacon, you'll get 20¢ credited to your account, for example), then as that accumulates, you can choose to get the balance sent to your loyalty card (which you can redeem against a future shopping trip), or get it deposited to a PayPal account, if you have one.

Usually, when I try to redeem them, it'll take me all through the steps, then it'll come back with, "There was an unexpected error. Please try later."

Once, I got an error that said I had no balance to redeem, followed by a little message showing my balance.

One time, it actually did work, and I saved $8 on a grocery order. Yay for me.

Just tried again..."There was an unexpected error..." - I just have to decide if $10 is worth the half-dozen emails and calls to tech support to figure it out. Been down that road with them before.

The supermarkets round here have those freebie promos all the time. Get a free frying pan if you buy X number of these, or get a fruit knife or a plate with the name of a biscuit brand on it. I stopped going for these promos because I had too many one-offs that were all different shapes and sizes.

As for stamps, I'm old enough to remember that my mum used to collect these in the UK:

1577.jpg

Last edited:
In my area are many different supermarkets and they all offer these stickers for collecting. You won't get something gifted but you will get a big discount on whatever you can choose on. My mother and I had a period of time where we collected them and decided where to buy, depending on the discounts they offer. We stopped to do it, it's not because the discounts they offered were bad, it's just to much work to do.
Stay healthy

Back
Top Bottom