Recipe French Onion Zoddle bake

Local time
5:15 AM
I was struggling to find something to qualify for the Challenge and I am thinking this dish probably does. Even if it doesn't I love the name and it looks like something I would delight in making. Here is the recipe.

Yield: serves 4

PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES

COOK TIME: 45 MINUTES

INGREDIENTS:
2 1/2 cups zucchini noodles

1 large yellow onion, sliced thinly

1 teaspoon granulated sugar

1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped

1 tablespoon butter

1/4 cup beef broth

2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

1 cup fontina cheese, grated

salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a skillet preheated to medium heat, melt butter. Place onion into skillet and cook for a few minutes. Add salt, pepper, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme. Stir and cook for another couple of minutes. Add beef broth and cook until onions are golden brown about 20 minutes. Make sure to stir occasionally to keep the onions from burning.

Next, spray an 8X5 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl combine zucchini noodles and French onion mixture. Pour the French onion zoodle mixture into the dish and garnish top with Fontina cheese. Place in the oven and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool slighlty before serving. Garnish with fresh thyme. Also, there is a probability that liquid from the zucchini will appear. If so, just drain it off carefully with a spoon before serving. Enjoy!

Source site name is interesting as well. http://www.climbinggriermountain.com/2016/02/french-onion-zoodle-bake.html

Back
Top Bottom