TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
6:56 AM
FRENCHIFIED POPCORN
Makes 1 big bowl

Ingredients
1/2 cup/125g unsalted butter (more, if you like)
About 3 garlic cloves, crushed
3 TBsp grapeseed oil
1 cup/200g popcorn kernels
2 TBsp herbes de Provence
Celery salt to taste
Salt

Directions
Melt the butter with the crushed garlic, ever so gently, in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and set aside to infuse.

Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the popcorn, tossing to coat. Cover and shake the pan over high heat until all the corn has popped. Remove from the heat.

Pluck the garlic cloves from the butter, then pour the butter over the popcorn. Toss well. Add the herbes de Provence and plenty of celery salt and toss again. Season with regular salt to taste, and serve.

Recipe courtesy of "French Food At Home," by Laura Calder

NOTE: I grated the garlic into the butter because I like garlic. I melted the butter and garlic in the microwave (and I did use more butter 😎). I also ground the herbes de Provence a bit because MrsTasty doesn't like big pieces of dried herbs. I also used peanut oil instead of grapeseed oil.

Very welcome alternative to traditional butter-and-salt popcorn.

I like herbes de Provence, but it is pretty strong in flavor. 2 Tbsp seems like a lot. Would you use that much if you make it again?

CD

I like herbes de Provence, but it is pretty strong in flavor. 2 Tbsp seems like a lot. Would you use that much if you make it again?

CD
I thought the same as I was putting it on, but I'd add a little, taste it, then add some more, and before I knew it, I'd added it all.

It may have helped that I ground it up a bit, so maybe that helped it blend a little better, no big chunks of this or that to bite into.

CD
That does sound a lot.

I love the idea of this popcorn - I'm not a huge fan of corn in general (as I have said and bored you all with before) - but I do like savoury popcorn. Somehow popping the corn means it loses that sweetness I don't much like. So - garlic and herbs, celery salt sounds delicious.

FRENCHIFIED POPCORN
Makes 1 big bowl

Ingredients
1/2 cup/125g unsalted butter (more, if you like)
About 3 garlic cloves, crushed
3 TBsp grapeseed oil
1 cup/200g popcorn kernels
2 TBsp herbes de Provence
Celery salt to taste
Salt

Directions
Melt the butter with the crushed garlic, ever so gently, in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and set aside to infuse.

Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the popcorn, tossing to coat. Cover and shake the pan over high heat until all the corn has popped. Remove from the heat.

Pluck the garlic cloves from the butter, then pour the butter over the popcorn. Toss well. Add the herbes de Provence and plenty of celery salt and toss again. Season with regular salt to taste, and serve.

Recipe courtesy of "French Food At Home," by Laura Calder

NOTE: I grated the garlic into the butter because I like garlic. I melted the butter and garlic in the microwave (and I did use more butter 😎). I also ground the herbes de Provence a bit because MrsTasty doesn't like big pieces of dried herbs. I also used peanut oil instead of grapeseed oil.

Very welcome alternative to traditional butter-and-salt popcorn.

Very nice idea, I'm a fan of popcorn, definitely something new to try!

Back
Top Bottom