Recipe Fresh Carrot Sauce

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
6:20 AM
As an accompaniment to cooked shellfish and many white-fleshed fish.

Ingredients
2 cups carrot juice (about 8 medium carrots, cleaned and peeled)
4 tablespoons of cold, unsalted butter
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Pinch of cinnamon
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon fine herbs (chopped chervil, chive, tarragon)

Preparation
Juice the carrots through a vegetable juicer. Skim any foam off the top. Pour the juice into a saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring the sauce up to just before the boiling point (tiny bubbles will begin to form) and remove from heat. Whisk in cubes of cold butter one at a time until all are incorporated.
Place back on the heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add cayenne, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Just before serving, add the fine herbs. This sauce is best made minutes before serving.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/fresh-carrot-sauce-15411

Where are the pictures?
Pasta-in-carrot-cream-e1358703468305.jpg

Would it look like this?

Wow, that sounds really intersting...a carrot sauce who knew? I have lots of carrots, and I have been wondering what to do with them. Maybe this carrot sauce is what the doctor ordered. It sounds yummy.

You may try infusing the goo with coffee beans I think the taste is similar when you use the cinnamon. Coffee lovers may find that interesting

This sounds really good. I never would of thought of carrot sauce. What would you put it on?

Wow, I have never heard of carrot sauce, this is a great idea! I love carrots and cinnamon, so this sauce will be great for me :)

I was thinking of something to experiment with as a sauce yesterday. If I had remembered this, it would have been ideal.

Back
Top Bottom