3 large ripe bananas
50 g shredded toasted coconut
75 g sugar
2 table spoon water
2 tea spoon chocolate candy
1/2 tea spoon vanilla
25 g butter

Method
  • Heat the butter in a large frying pan and fry the bananas for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until slightly golden in color.
  • Sprinkle the sugar into the pan, add water and bring it to the boil, it will dissolve .[caramel] Put the bananas, add vanilla.
  • Sprinkle the toasted coconut over the bananas,decorate with2 tea spoon chocolate candy.serve with yogurt.
  • Enjoy.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/754643/homemade-fried-bananas

Think of the hotel scene in Cool Runnings for this one! Sanka Coffie will not be cooking.

I will have to try this. It looks good. I have had fried banana before but I just fried them in butter and added a little cinnamon. They sound much better this way though.

I have never tried fried bananas howeve I have had them carmaleied in borwn sugar they are really very odo and delious with almost anything. Fired bananas could make a nice dessert I guess. I think they are very good when carmelized.

I have never considered frying bananas before. I have always eaten them just as they are. However, I do love fried plaintain, but I suppose if plantain can be fried, I could also experiment with frying bananas. It is just not something that I am accustomed to doing. With this recipe here, the bananas would not just be fried as they are, but would be all dressed up with butter, coconut, sugar, etc.

I don't know I want to try this. I am happy with bananas to eat if nice and firm and bananas to bake with if overly ripe. I would have to try this with plantains. Now I will have to go in the archives for Cool Runnings. Trust Classic33. Getting 'oops' every time I try to Pin something from the site.

I don't know I want to try this. I am happy with bananas to eat if nice and firm and bananas to bake with if overly ripe. I would have to try this with plantains. Now I will have to go in the archives for Cool Runnings. Trust Classic33. Getting 'oops' every time I try to Pin something from the site.
Jamacian Bobsled Team, entered the Winter Olypics in Galgary, and you've never heard of Cool Runnings!!

Jamacian Bobsled Team, entered the Winter Olypics in Galgary, and you've never heard of Cool Runnings!!
Of course. Even stumbled on it some months back. Impossible for a Bajan not to know of that Movie with Jamaican history, Possibly the most authentic Caribbean movie to make it to Hollywood, It;s just so old hence the archives mentioning.

Fried Bananas is a favorite snack where I come from. We use brown sugar to caramelize the fried Bananas. They are skewered on a barbecue stick and sold in stalls. This is a common street food but is a ver satisfying meal in itself, an energy snack. A stick has three bananas pierced lengthwise. This snack goes well with coffee or a Cola drink. very nice.

Fried Bananas is a favorite snack where I come from. We use brown sugar to caramelize the fried Bananas. They are skewered on a barbecue stick and sold in stalls. This is a common street food but is a ver satisfying meal in itself, an energy snack. A stick has three bananas pierced lengthwise. This snack goes well with coffee or a Cola drink. very nice.
Just gets better ! Not sure about the Coke though but the coffee sounds good.

Great recipe with the coconut! I'm from Asia so we usually have a lot of fried banana recipes as well but this is a really creative use of coconut. In my area we just barbecue glaze or fry it with sugar to get that crunchy and sweet texture.

Where I'm from bananas are eaten in all times of the day, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Green bananas can be boiled to make a staple much like boiled potatoes and other boiled foods. We use a family of bananas, Plantains, when ripe, we fry in the mornings and add it to our breakfast meal. There's a street food that you can get where banana is dipped in chocolate. Ive also fried bananas in the morning when I'm out of plaintains as well. Somebody mentioned cooking bananas with sugar. Yep, its a common dessert dish, flambe and its delicious with cinnamon added

Back
Top Bottom