Fried Chicken - One for the American and Caribbean posters

The Velvet Curtain

Forum GOD!
Local time
10:09 PM
Leicester: Where Britain keeps its crisps
Living in the UK there is no tradition of frying chicken. However I keep seeing it done on episodes of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives that are shown constantly on one of our food channels, and they mostly look rather tasty.

So does anyone have their own method for fried chicken? Clearly there are loads of recipes on the internet, but if someone could post their 'family recipe' then I promise to give it a go and report back.

Marinated chicken in butter milk has been come very popular ,you can spice it up as much as you want,and bread it with panko,google it and have ago ,we serve it in brioche with a mixed slaw

Living in the UK there is no tradition of frying chicken
When my brother and sister were growing up (toddlers) and I was cooking for them (vegetarian) the only way I knew how to cook chicken for them, to add to the vegetarian meal I had prepared (and my parents had asked that I give them chicken because of protein issues their perceived as being absent from a veggie diet) was to fry the chicken pieces in a touch of oil. I would still do it that way if I had to absolutely cook chicken for some reason (personally I prefer not to, but there have been times for the sake on an injured family dog when scrambled egg and tiny bits of chicken have been cooked at home to keep the animal alive and eating after a major injury to the back of their throat - the dog survived and lived on well into her teens thankfully but it was a very close call for a while - such to the point where in-laws could not go home at the appointed time and had to stay on until the family dog was fit enough to travel 6 hours in a car again!)

Marinated chicken in butter milk has been come very popular ,you can spice it up as much as you want,and bread it with panko,google it and have ago ,we serve it in brioche with a mixed slaw
That's one of the questions I'm looking for an answer to, buttermilk or brine. I guess I should just experement with flavours in the flour and come up with my own favourite.

@Shermie @Cinisajoy :wave: just wondering if you might be able to help here :happy:

Fried chicken is an all-American favorite, but I think that it's one of those foods that has to be eaten in moderation because it is fried.
The healthier version is oven-baked chicken, which has a golden crust made from corn flake crumbs. Equally as good!! :wink:

Last edited:
Hi. How many are you cooking for? My favorite way of making fried chicken is to use boneless skinless breasts. Slice the chicken breasts about 2 to 2.5 cm thick (1/2 ")
I take and make a milk and egg mix in a bowl.. Then on a flexible cutting board I put flour, salt, pepper and some bread crumbs.
I dip the chicken in the milk/egg then coat both sides with the flour mixture. Then put it in my 375° deep fryer, cover and cook for between 5 and 10 minutes.
Or I put it in a hot skillet with about a 1/4 inch (1.25 cm) of oil and fry till done.

Oh it is fried like fish in fish and chips. Just the a different coating.

Hi. How many are you cooking for? My favorite way of making fried chicken is to use boneless skinless breasts. Slice the chicken breasts about 2 to 2.5 cm thick (1/2 ")
I take and make a milk and egg mix in a bowl.. Then on a flexible cutting board I put flour, salt, pepper and some bread crumbs.
I dip the chicken in the milk/egg then coat both sides with the flour mixture. Then put it in my 375° deep fryer, cover and cook for between 5 and 10 minutes.
Or I put it in a hot skillet with about a 1/4 inch (1.25 cm) of oil and fry till done.

Now I'm going to have to try it!

I will try this, I am going to Spain for a few days, but in a couple of weeks I will do it and report back, thanks. I will be cooking for two of us.

Here is The Velvet Curtains fried chicken, tasty and juicy
downloadfile-4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom