Fruit juices with the most vitamins

Ella

Veteran
Local time
2:58 PM
I'm not a great smoothie fan, but I do like fruit juices as a way to get my vitamins.
My favorites are pomegranate juice, followed by apple and elderflower (good for digestion) and apple and blackcurrant.

All of these are rich in Vitamin C and I avoid citrus juices, because they react and create lactic acid in me. The ones I like are lemon and lime which are detoxifying and refreshing.

Any other ideas?

I would have to choose orange juice, guava juice and pineapple juice. I believe these are all packed with vitamin C, particularly the guava juice. I usually buy guava pineapple juice combined, and this makes a great drink. Orange juice has always been a favourite of mine. I am not really that keen on apple juice, although I know it has a lot of health benefits. Somehow I prefer to eat apple in its original form, although, here again, this is not one of my favourite fruits.

I am not a big fan of fruit juice because you can't really buy fruit juice that is not pasteurized and I don't have the equipment to make it at home, or the money to buy that much fruit. Unfortunately many, many nutrients are destroyed in pasteurization. Fruit is meant to be eaten raw, so instead of drinking juices, I just eat the fruit. I do like fresh squeezed orange juice if I can get it, but the pasteurized stuff not only tastes different, it upsets my stomach. I believe this is because the enzymes needed for proper digestion have been destroyed by the heat.

Back
Top Bottom