Fruit Juices

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
5:41 AM
I posted photos of the fruit juices I commonly consume in the ingredients thread, but offer them up here, where they ought to be covered.

I only drink 100% juices or juice blends and avoid the high fructose corn syrup stuff. As a military veteran, I have had talks with VA dieticians and can tell you that some recommend the high fructose stuff. I just don't like those.

full.jpg

Cranberry and Cranberry Pomegranate Juices

full.jpg

Pressed Apple Cider

full.jpg

White Grape Peach Juice Blend

full.jpg

Pineapple Juice

full.jpg

Grapefruit Juice

full.jpg

Orange Juice

There are many other juice varieties that I regularly buy into and consume as well, like tomato juice, clamato juice, lemon enchinacea, blueberry juice, strawberry banana - and so forth. I like variety in my beverages.

I use some juices for both drinking and flavoring foods.

full.jpg

Lemon Juice

full.jpg

Lime Juice

They taste great and back in the day I use to use a juicer but unfortunately they're off my list of foods to consume simply because I generally don't drink calories except alcohol and I'm lower carb a well. Also not a fan of fructose in general. I do consume limited amounts of fruit seasonally.

They taste great and back in the day I use to use a juicer but unfortunately they're off my list of foods to consume simply because I generally don't drink calories except alcohol and I'm lower carb a well. Also not a fan of fructose in general. I do consume limited amounts of fruit seasonally.

Actually, because I am borderline diabetic (type 2), I water down my fruit juices, except for orange juice, grapefruit juice and tomato juices, by mixing equal parts of the juice and water. It still tastes good, but with a milder sweetness. And as a benefit, the juice goes further for the buck.

Not much of a juice person, but I do love fresh orange juice and pineapple juice. I have pineapple in my fridge ATM. Wife just doesn't buy it. She only drinks water or hot Choc.

Russ

Juices are pretty cool, I like the exotic versions with mango, guava, passion fruit etc. But they're indeed high in calories and good quality juices are expensive so my beverage of choice is always water.

Juices are pretty cool, I like the exotic versions with mango, guava, passion fruit etc. But they're indeed high in calories and good quality juices are expensive so my beverage of choice is always water.

I mix a lot of juices 50:50 with water. But I would not do that for all of them. I like mango juice straight up, particularly over vanilla ice cream.

I've taken a shine to the Ocean Spray Cran-Cherry Light. I too do about 50/50 juice to water, or just over ice and let it melt a bit. really refreshing.

I use a lot of the Nellie & Joes with baking.

Fresh fruit is so cheap and so easily available here that most people make their own. Watermelon, for example: remove the rind and seeds, blitz in a blender with added sugar if you want, a bit of water if necessary - that´s it. There are loads of snack bars here (mostly offering arepas and empanadas) which serve fresh orange, guava, melon, passion fruit, pineapple, strawberry, mango, pawpaw juice.

Here are a couple more juices ...

full.jpg

V8 Spicy Hot Tomato Vegetable Juice

full.jpg

Apple Juice

Back
Top Bottom