Fruit Salads

Local time
3:10 AM
I think fruit salad is a good choice when it comes to having dessert, since it is a healthier kind of dessert and does not contain the amount of calories that other desserts contain. Fruit salads can be quite varied, containing many different combination of fruits. A fruit salad can also go well with ice cream, but it is best to eat more of the fruit salad and less of the ice cream.

What kind of fruits do you like in your fruit salad? I tend to go for oranges, pineapple, grapes, peaches, pear and cherries.

upload_2016-1-29_7-24-36.jpeg

I enjoy a nice fruit salad in the summer time. I find that it is so refreshing. When I make a fruit salad I use watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, peaches, grapes and pineapple. I like to add a bit of honey to it also. It is so good! Now I am craving one! :)

I am not big on them. I like to fancy up my cooking and go easy on the fruit salad when I have guest. Unless they are staying a long time, I find people don't pay a lot of attention to the dessert. Still if I am having fruit salad, I am happy with most any fruit.

In our house, I am the master of fruit salad. No one makes fruit salad here except me. Last Christmas season, my husband dared to make fruit salad but he failed because it was soggy. Would you believe that we gave that away to the poor neighbors? It's Christmas season, anyway. My style is to freeze the cream while draining the fruit cocktail for 2 hours. That way, there would be no extra liquid that would wet the salad. And my coup d' grace is the bits of walnut or cashew that would give the fruit salad a special taste.

Banana, apple, pear, peach, strawberry, pineapple and some lemon juice and mint is my favorite summer fruit salad.

For me I would say the more tropical and summery the fruit salad, the better! I love pineapple, mango, grapes, things like that. I also love stone fruit (peaches, apricots, plums, cherries) as well...the things that I am not so fond of in fruit salads are cantaloupe and honeydew melon. Not a big fan of either of those!

I love fruit so any fruit is for me. We try to have apples and bananas in the house all the time to limit the snacking on chips and cookies. I can't say we make fruit salad although we do serve fruit with some of out meals.

I enjoy a fruit salad when on holiday, the fruit we get locally is just run of the mill whereas in other countries it always tastes fresher and nicer, then again fruit doesn't have to travel far so can be picked and served fresh. I like melon, mango, grapes,pineapple, peaches. I don't like apricots and apples give me heartburn unfortunately because I love apples.

I usually keep it simple with grapes, strawberries, and blueberries.
I want to discover a good glaze to put over the top without it being too sweet. I think it would elevate it and make it even more amazing!

I like fruit salads because they are so easy to make. I normally have frozen fruit in my freezer and I can just defrost it to make fruit salad. This is my go to for last minute get togethers where I need to bring something. I usually add fresh bananas or other fruit I have on hand and some honey.

English strawberries for breakfast. Raspberries fresh from the garden. Love pineapple but find such a variation in taste and juiciness - is this a seasonality thing?

English strawberries for breakfast. Raspberries fresh from the garden. Love pineapple but find such a variation in taste and juiciness - is this a seasonality thing?
Pineapples don't really ripen after picking. They will get softer and juicier, to some extent, if you keep them on the kitchen counter - but they won't get any sweeter than when they are picked.

Pineapples don't really ripen after picking. They will get softer and juicier, to some extent, if you keep them on the kitchen counter - but they won't get any sweeter than when they are picked.

Is there a time of year when pineapples are naturally sweeter and juicier and thus should be avoided at other times?

Back
Top Bottom