200g, (7 oz)plain flour
1 egg
1 Tablespoon rapeseed oil
110 ml (4 Fl oz)skimmed milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 dessertspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
100g (4 oz)caster sugar
140g (5 oz)berries and fruit of choice. Mine are blueberries, cherries, raspberry and blackcurrant.

Method:
Preheat oven to Mk6 / 200c
Mix a bit of the flour with the fruit. Set aside.
Beat egg and oil together, stir in milk and melted butter.
In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder sugar and salt.

Sift the dry ingredients over the egg/oil mix and stir just long enough to moisten the flour. Do not over mix.. Batter will look lumpy

Fold in fruit and fill muffin cases just over half full.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.

IMG_0840.JPG

:)

They look delicious. I made some the other say using oats mixed in and rhubarb in place of fruit. I haven't photographed them yet. It will be interesting to compare your recipe to mine. I use strong bread flour in place of plain flour (a tip recommended by Paul Hollywood who uses bread flour for muffins and scones). He reckons it gives the muffin/scones more structure.

They're so easy to make. I find that they need to cool first if you want to take them out of the case.
Maybe your suggestion on the flour might cure that?

They're so easy to make. I find that they need to cool first if you want to take them out of the case.
Maybe your suggestion on the flour might cure that?
I don't think so - its the nature of muffins! Besides, you really shouldn't be eating them until cooled. :happy:

They look so good and may be even better than the ones I cook through Jiffy's blueberry muffin/cornbread mix in a box.
Muffins are so easy to make that its not worth using a box mix (in my opinion). I presume you need to add eggs and milk to the mix anyway?

Those muffins look vey yummy. I think I might make some tomorrow. I have a recipe somewhere too but will try this one.

Back
Top Bottom