fry or oven chips?

chocomore

Veteran
Local time
4:16 PM
I know frying is not good for you but l prefer frying over oven chips, l think oven chips are too dry for me, what's your thoughts?

It's a choice between health and plain old taste... Fried chips are my favorite but then these days have given into ovens. Some how I am not much of a fan of the oven chips so I do keep going to the fried ones every now and then..

I've never really been crazy about baked french fries when they are made from scratch. They always come out leathery instead of crispy. However, frozen french fries are fine when cooked in the oven. Although they aren't exactly great for you either as they are par cooked and coated in oil and salt as well. I really like the Alexia brand frozen fries. They have all sorts of varieties to choose from and they taste a lot fresher. It's a shame they cost so much though and the bags don't really have much in them.

I prefer fried over oven chips. I know that's not very healthy, but I mske sure that I limit how much of this I eat so I don't feel guilty.

I prefer fried chips just as snack, but there are some recipes that include chips, in which case I prefer oven chips that serve best for this purpose.

Oven chips seems to me like needing "something," of course the oil, but it's about the flavor that is not as intense as it is when they are fried.

I like the way the fried chips come out really crispy and I find its hard to get oven chips chispy. Oven chips are better for you though, between them two things I have stopped eating chips.

Frying is too complicated in my tiny lil' kitchen, and for a single person, so I like oven chips drizzled with olive oil and sea salt.

But I definitely love properly make french fries, I ain't that healthy!

My sister is trying to stick to a healthier diet and yesterday, when visiting, I realized that she makes oven chips to avoid the extra-calories in french fries.

However the funny thing of this is that she put the chips into deep pan ti avoid the loads of butter -- yes, you read right -- she puts on the chips may not run outside a tray, if she would use this to get her oven chips.

I like oven chips well because they are healthier in a way. If you add a certain amount of oil and some seasoning it tastes just as great as fried in my opinion!
Are you trying to eat healthier? Have you ever tried baked veggies? Like kale chips? Those are very good. drizzle a little oil and some sea salt and bake them. They are delicious!

Sweet potatoes also cook nicely that way, and I've heard beets work too, although I've never tried them.

That reminds me of this easy recipe for baked broccoli with paremsan and a little lime. You cook it just enough to crisp, then add the lime and parmesan, dash of salt and pepper. So good.

I'm fine with both, although for the oven ones it's more of a sliced thin potato seasoned and baked until almost potato-chip like consistency. I actually think I prefer them more even though they take longer to make.

That reminds me of this easy recipe for baked broccoli with Parmesan and a little lime. You cook it just enough to crisp, then add the lime and Parmesan, dash of salt and pepper. So good.

That actually sounds great...I have a ton of broccoli left in my fridge and I think I just might do that!

I'm fine with both, although for the oven ones it's more of a sliced thin potato seasoned and baked until almost potato-chip like consistency. I actually think I prefer them more even though they take longer to make.

I agree, I like it best when they get a little crisp at the edges. I've done regular fries as well, but the texture is harder to achieve successfully. Or at least for me it has been.

Back
Top Bottom