Fun video -- Same cereals, different countries...

I remember when Corn Pops first hit the market in the UK. My wife is a bona fide cereal freak, and she was really excited (think about that for a minute - we could get Corn Pops at the Air Force commissary, but just the idea that she could now buy them at Tesco had her over the moon with joy 🤩).

I still remember the tagline from the ads: "They're like crunchy popcorn!" Never mind that popcorn is already kind of crunchy.

Anyway, she was thrilled to buy her first box "on the economy" (and at about twice the price as at the commissary), got it home, opened it up, poured a bowl, looked at it, ate one, and said, "These aren't Corn Pops...they're Kix!" :laugh:

You guys had choices?? We had weet bix every morning,every week, every month, every year.
I don't eat them anymore but my cereal of choice are plain old skippy corn flakes. If and when I have my Nelson breky. A Nelson breky is cornflakes with milk n cream n fruit salad, slice of toast with marmalade cup of filtered coffee. That's when I'm on holiday in Nelson, my favourite spot in New Zealand.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom