Funny Cooking Stories

Local time
3:01 AM
I think just about everyone has a funny story or two related to cooking. My favorite story to tell happened when my son was about 4 years old. He wasn't what I would consider to be a picky eater, but he definitely had his favorite foods and preferred to eat them more often than not.

One day he came home from preschool and said, "Mom, I want chicken and noodles!" Oh boy, was I excited! My little boy wanted to try something new and it was something I could definitely make. Chicken and noodles was one of my favorite dishes that my grandpa would make when I was a kid. So, I did what anyone else would do...I made my list, went to the store, and spent that evening and half the next day making some homemade noodles, boiling the chicken to make my own stock, and by dinner the next day I was so pleased with my product.

As I set a bowl of homemade chicken and noodle goodness in front of my son, he looked up at me with a weird look on his face and asked, "What is that?" I told him it was chicken and noodles, just as he had asked for. He replied to me, "That's not what comes in the orange package!" For a minute I was stumped, until I realized he has spent the day with a neighbor and she mentioned she made a packet of chicken flavored ramen noodles for lunch. He wanted Ramen noodles all along!

The very first time my husband made dumplings he didn't realise they swelled up so he made them the size to eat, they were enormous.

I think just about everyone has a funny story or two related to cooking. My favorite story to tell happened when my son was about 4 years old. He wasn't what I would consider to be a picky eater, but he definitely had his favorite foods and preferred to eat them more often than not.

One day he came home from preschool and said, "Mom, I want chicken and noodles!" Oh boy, was I excited! My little boy wanted to try something new and it was something I could definitely make. Chicken and noodles was one of my favorite dishes that my grandpa would make when I was a kid. So, I did what anyone else would do...I made my list, went to the store, and spent that evening and half the next day making some homemade noodles, boiling the chicken to make my own stock, and by dinner the next day I was so pleased with my product.

As I set a bowl of homemade chicken and noodle goodness in front of my son, he looked up at me with a weird look on his face and asked, "What is that?" I told him it was chicken and noodles, just as he had asked for. He replied to me, "That's not what comes in the orange package!" For a minute I was stumped, until I realized he has spent the day with a neighbor and she mentioned she made a packet of chicken flavored ramen noodles for lunch. He wanted Ramen noodles all along!

nice story thanks for sharing

I have one, back in my beginning day's of cooking, I grabbed a bottle of a household clean, I think it was pine soil or something, and I thought it was cooking oil, I poured it in a pan added in some chicken, and didn't know it wasn't oil until it was almost done. Lol, I don't know what I was thinking.

Back
Top Bottom