Fusion Cuisine

Hmm, I am not certain I have ever eaten it actually. Your foo combo as described above sounds awesome though. I know there are a number of Asian fusion restaurants around. Those places sound good to me. I would like to find them, but I would have to go to the city. We do have a couple of pretty good ethnic restaurants here though.

Hmm, I am not certain I have ever eaten it actually. Your foo combo as described above sounds awesome though. I know there are a number of Asian fusion restaurants around. Those places sound good to me. I would like to find them, but I would have to go to the city. We do have a couple of pretty good ethnic restaurants here though.
Thanks! It's well worth the try if you ever have fusion or you could even make it at home. Eventually I'm going to try my lasagna idea. I'll give you the recipe once I make it.

I like to think we do this without realizing it a few times. I am chinese, born in a country around the equator. My parents were both grown up the same full blooded chinese with a culture that is definitely non-chinese. We regularly mix our Jamaican food's in to our chinese diet. I have had the pleasure of having several other fusion styles though they seemed more of a fast food style fusion. A mexican-chinese style with chinese ingredients done in a burrito we had while vacationing in the states.

I like to think we do this without realizing it a few times. I am chinese, born in a country around the equator. My parents were both grown up the same full blooded chinese with a culture that is definitely non-chinese. We regularly mix our Jamaican food's in to our chinese diet. I have had the pleasure of having several other fusion styles though they seemed more of a fast food style fusion. A mexican-chinese style with chinese ingredients done in a burrito we had while vacationing in the states.
I like Jamaican. I like those pockets with the spices and veggies in them. What's Jamaican and chinese fusion like?

Fusion cuisine. Maybe I do that myself without realising if myself. I think I do. I like the name associated with it...Hi @aquaticneko. I did not realise we had another 'Caribbean' person on board. Welcome.

Thank you! I've been around for a few weeks now. I'm enjoying this forum immensely. I get to share my thoughts and ideas with other people and in turn see what others think!

I like Jamaican. I like those pockets with the spices and veggies in them. What's Jamaican and chinese fusion like?
Since my mother is from the old chinese ways of living, we grew up with her methods and simply incorporated Jamaican foods and ingredients as we go. Jamaican food is spicy and hot. So I've adopted this as well using plenty of the Scotch Bonnet peppers. I have to have some of that Pickle with almost anything I eat. I think though most of our food looks dominantly chinese.

Thank you! I've been around for a few weeks now. I'm enjoying this forum immensely. I get to share my thoughts and ideas with other people and in turn see what others think!

Since my mother is from the old chinese ways of living, we grew up with her methods and simply incorporated Jamaican foods and ingredients as we go. Jamaican food is spicy and hot. So I've adopted this as well using plenty of the Scotch Bonnet peppers. I have to have some of that Pickle with almost anything I eat. I think though most of our food looks dominantly chinese.
Scotch bonnet peppers!! I should have spelled that out in the last Pepper Challenge and presented a super hot dish. I wonder if they call them by that name everywhere. Maybe @morning glory can let us know if she uses them as she likes her spicy stuff. Too many go bad on me and my husband bought a set only yesterday. He likes the spicy stuff and was constantly reminding me I have cucumbers as I am sure he wanted some spicy pickled cucumbers. The order has not been filled as yet. Jamaicans do like their jerk or spicy foods. :heat::heat::pepper::pepper:

Scotch bonnet peppers!! I should have spelled that out in the last Pepper Challenge and presented a super hot dish. I wonder if they call them by that name everywhere. Maybe @morning glory can let us know if she uses them as she likes her spicy stuff. Too many go bad on me and my husband bought a set only yesterday. He likes the spicy stuff and was constantly reminding me I have cucumbers as I am sure he wanted some spicy pickled cucumbers. The order has not been filled as yet. Jamaicans do like their jerk or spicy foods. :heat::heat::pepper::pepper:
I use Scotch Bonnet Peppers all the time. They are pretty well my favourite. I find they keep quite well if you put them in the salad drawer of the fridge. Otherwise, just put them in the freezer. They will keep for several months. When you want to use one simply take out and pop straight into the dish. If the dish requires chopped chilli then its actually easier to chop them when frozen! Here's a yellow one I'm using tonight! :

Photo on 07-03-2016 at 18.14 #2.jpg

Last edited:
I can confirm that scotch bonnet peppers freeze really well. I either freeze them or use them from pickles. Although I can simply buy them from a local vendor here. Spicy and hot is an understatement. Any food you buy here at all, you can guarantee it WILL be hot. You pretty much have to adjust your taste buds! I went away for a few years (change of palate) came back and had the pepper knock me flat. I'm getting used to it again though and I pretty much put the pepper in everything. When I'm cooking even rice, I sometimes pop a whole pepper in it to flavour it!

Back
Top Bottom