Fusion Food!

Ellyn

Veteran
Local time
12:00 AM
I'm at a point and situation in my life where I've struck out on my own and money's always tight at the end of the month. How this affects food, well, I got for what's cheap and can be adventurous about it.

Drained ramen noodles with sharp runny cheese and beef chili with beans, is probably the improvised budget meal that I've enjoyed the most so far. I'll consider it Japanese-Mexican.

Whether on a budget or not, whether it's even tasted great or not... have you ever tried to be more adventurous with food, especially mixing flavors and methods of cooking from all over the world? Do share!

I have been particularly creative at the moment. We are really short of money and I have been trying to improvise with the things that need using up. I always have herbs and spices in the cupboard and I use these to add flavour. I often make variations on curry with leftover meat and any veg that need using up. These are different everytime.

I sometimes like using ramen noodles for making instant spaghetti dishes. My preferred one is cream sauce wi ham and mushrooms but red sauce is okay too as long as it isn't too authentic since crushed tomatoes don't really go that well with ramen noodles in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom