Gary Rhodes.

That is sad. He may have fallen out of fashion in recent years, but was a good chef and very popular in the nineties. We've got a couple of his books.

Hmmm...that is sad news. Gary Rhodes was the first British chef that I recall being aware of. I used to love Rhodes Around Britain. :(

I seem to have missed ever hearing of him...
Probably not known in the US. There are quite a lot of US chefs not known to us either. Many, who are really famous (like Jaques Pepin) I've only come across through this forum.

Gary rose to fame as a young exuberant chef in the '80's gaining a Michelin star. He was famous for his haircut!

Last edited:
I been thinking why I never tried his recipes and concluded that I had learnt british cooking from my mum and grandma so always looked to learn other cuisines.

Probably not known in the US. There are quite a lot of US chefs not known to us either. Many, who are really famous (like Jaques Pepin) I've only come across through this forum.

Gary rose to fame as a young exuberant chef in the '80's gaining a Michelin star. He was famous for his haircut!

He was young and exuberant before Jamie Oliver came along.

Back
Top Bottom