Getting a new Digital Camera!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
3:03 PM

I'm so tired of relying on my smart phone for pictures!! They sometimes come out blurry & unattractive. So I've made up my mind to get a much better one with all the accessories from Amazon!! Camera is shown larger than actual size.

Last edited:
Good for you!

My professional equipment that I use to make a living is all Nikon, but Canon is a good brand, and I actually prefer their consumer level cameras to Nikon's.

The great thing about digital is that it costs the same to take 1,000 pictures as it does to take 10 pictures. So, practice, practice, practice!

CD

Good for you!

My professional equipment that I use to make a living is all Nikon, but Canon is a good brand, and I actually prefer their consumer level cameras to Nikon's.

The great thing about digital is that it costs the same to take 1,000 pictures as it does to take 10 pictures. So, practice, practice, practice!

CD

And the good thing is that you'll never have to take any film to the store to be developed, saving you time & money!! :wink:

Last edited:

I used to use a Canon and then a Pentax - but frankly, for food photography I get much better results with my smartphone. Its much better in low light conditions and is pretty foolproof in terms of camera shake. But I'm talking about smartphones which are top of the range for cameras.

Currently the best are probably the Samsung Galaxy S10+, Huawei P30 Pro and iPhone.

I'm currently using a Galaxy S7 so its a few years old but considering upgrading to the S10+

I used to use a Canon and then a Pentax - but frankly, for food photography I get much better results with my smartphone. Its much better in low light conditions and is pretty foolproof in terms of camera shake. But I'm talking about smartphones which are top of the range for cameras.

Currently the best are probably the Samsung Galaxy S10+, Huawei P30 Pro and iPhone.

I'm currently using a Galaxy S7 so its a few years old but considering upgrading to the S10+

My phone is an LG and takes far better pictures than my camera, smaller and easier to carry around.

We bought a very nice LUMIX digital camera few years ago, and it wasn't cheap, and it's been used...once. With smartphone cameras as good as they are, and getting better every new release, it's just so much easier for us to use the camera that we constantly have at hand, as opposed to using the "better" one.

We've both been very pleased and you'd be surprised at the quality of pictures we can take with just our smartphones. The only thing I'd add is to invest a very small amount in a tripod and one of those grippy stands as well, and make sure you know a couple of basics, like how to use your earbuds as a remote shutter release and how to use the timer function, and you may be surprised at the results.

Believe me, I'm no photographer, and I have zero patience for figuring out the techie parts of a camera, I just want to take decent pictures on vacation and out and about on my day, and that's what my smartphone allows me to do, with minimal fuss.

I had a Pentax before, & it took good pics,, but it used the film that you had to have developed. And it didn't have a built-in flash. The one that I'm getting has a 64 B Scan Disk so that I don't have the upload the pics through Facebook. :wink:

I only take pictures with my iPhone if I want to take a picture, and it is all I have with me. I don't make phone calls with my cameras, either. :wink:

CD

Don't you use it for food photos?

Nope. Photography is my full-time profession. I have a photo studio in my house, and a $6,000 camera. I don't put a great deal of effort into photographing food I am going to eat, since I want to take the pictures and EAT the food while it is warm. But, since the stuff is there, I use it.

I have a pretty simple one-light source setup that I can put together in a matter of minutes.

FoodSetUp001.jpg

Wings001B.jpg

CD

Back
Top Bottom