Gherkins

mjd

Veteran
Local time
4:02 PM

This wasn't in the news but I didn't know where to post it. Thought you all might find this interesting.

'Gurken'​

Salzburg, Austria

Amidst medieval and baroque buildings, five human-sized gherkins stand tall.​

IMG_4871.jpg

In Salzburg, Five Giant Gherkins Stand Amidst Classic Medieval and Baroque Buildings

Well you know there is always the danger that you might start a conversation

First of all what makes a gherkin different than a normal cuke ?

Friend of mine ferments his own pickles in Barcelona. There is no vinegar involved just salt, dill and time. They are used for one, i pickle soup. That is as Polish as they come and so is he.

For many years I thought there was vinegar in sauerkraut, but there isn't.

The regular ones are also good. Sandwiches etc, and in dill relish to make tartar sauce. After I read the ingredients I make my own. (same with a few things)

T

Reactions: mjd

Friend of mine ferments his own pickles in Barcelona. There is no vinegar involved just salt, dill and time. They are used for one, i pickle soup. That is as Polish as they come and so is he.

The regular ones are also good. Sandwiches etc, and in dill relish to make tartar sauce. After I read the ingredients I make my own. (same with a few things)

T
Commercial saurkrauts have vinegar..the ones on the shelves..the real stuff will be refrigerated..

T
Excerpt:

So, gherkins are pickles but pickles are not gherkins (just pickled cucumbers). It takes four or five hours to pickle a cucumber, but to pickle a gherkin - it could take up to 30 days.

What is a Gherkin? Is It Different from a Pickled Cucumber?

Back
Top Bottom