Glorious Morning Muffins

Pat

Veteran
Local time
2:20 AM
One of my favorite muffins is a glorious morning muffin, it has carrots,brown sugar and raisins. I would get this muffin from my grocery store bakery department. They no longer sale this muffin. I have looked for the recipe and have not found the right one.

Anyone here have a glorious morning muffin recipe?

I haven't actually tried baking those myself but I do love them. I think that maybe any muffin recipe would do? Obviously you will have to tweak the ingredients here and there but yea it should be just fine.

I am actually considering trying it out myself! Which store no longer sells them?

The local grocery store with a bakery that sold the glorious morning muffin is Shoppers Food Warehouse in my area. The muffin was a super size muffin with carrots, brown sugar, raisins along with other delicous ingridents. I am still looking for that recipe.

The idea of the carrots and brown sugar sound good to me, but I am not a fan of raisins in my baked foods, so that part really turned me off to the idea. I have never heard of these kind of muffins before, must be a thing from the Southern region of the US?

I've never had a breakfast muffin before, but an egg and bacon muffin sounds awesome though

The map says we are South but I don't feel like I am in the South, I think of Maryland as in the middle. You could have your muffin without raisins if you make them yourself. When I make things that I like to put raisins in some times I use dates, figs or prunes. For me it is the high fiber that I want to keep in the muffin.

To me a muffin at bf is either sweet such as chocolate or blueberry popular on breakfast buffets or savoury English muffin used in eggs Benedictine
It's the difference a few miles makes between forum members

Back
Top Bottom