Recipe Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
6:21 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I came across this recipe whilst updating my personal recipe book where I have printed or photocopied a recipe and it needs sticking into my A4 cookbook.... I haven't tried them yet but I thought someone might like them. If upgrade you're not being to be dairy free then normal chocolate chips/chunks will be fine but I would not switch out the oil because it will change the recipe.

Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
335g of blanched almonds, finely ground (or almond flour)
½ tsp sea salt (, in flake form, so if using ground salt use much less!)
½ tsp baking soda
115ml grapeseed oil
1tbsp vanilla extract ( I'm putting a question mark over this because it seems an awful lot to me)
120ml agave nectar
50g dairy free plain chocolate chips/chunks

Method
Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl
Mix all the wet ingredients together in another bowl
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine to form a gooey mixture
From this gooey mixture, take small chicks and form balls and press flat onto a lightly greased baking tray
Bake at 180°C for 7-10 minutes
Allow to cool before serving.

This recipe does sound very good, but I wonder how it all stays together once baked because it does not appear as there is anything to bind it all together with. I guess that is the magic of gluten free baking, it just works.

I know this post is a bit old now, but I had to say that you are my hero for this. I haven't found any good chocolate chip cookie recipes that I can actually eat, so I'm absolutely trying this next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom