Gluten free baking

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
1:34 PM
I have recently gotten into gluten free baking because the desserts I have tried are always so wonderful tasting. I do not have celiac's disease or any diet restrictions, I am just into gluten free now because of the taste. Are any of you making gluten free desserts? If so, what are you making?

There are quite a lot of desserts that do not involve gluten. For instance puddings, some fruit desserts like baked apples. You can make fruit desserts by simply cutting up the fruit, adding a little sugar, as much as you personally like, and cooking it on the stove for a bit, adding spices like cinnamon ect and then serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

I have been experimenting with gluten free healthy "cookies" and "cookie bars" but they hardly qualify as a dessert because I use almost no sugar at all.

Be careful with gluten free desserts though, white rice flour is a common ingredient and it is even higher on the glycemic index than white wheat flour. If you use it, you will want to add extra eggs for protein and/or more butter or oil to balance it.

That is good to know about the rice flour. I sometimes forget that some desserts are naturally gluten free just the way they are. I don't think I have celiacs, but I feel much better when I don't eat things that contain gluten.

Back
Top Bottom