Goat's Cheese- Love It or Hate It?

That is rather interesting, more so the fish I suppose vs. the goat cheese. I have many friends who either don't eat meat with the exception of fish, or who are regularly trying to cutback on their consumption of red meat and pork, and choose fish instead. Particularly people who are dieting and trying to cut back on their fat intake. Maybe it has something to do with the dinner host not cooking the fish well, or buying some cheaper frozen fish that is not very appetizing. Honestly, most of the frozen fish available at our grocery stores is downright awful - it's usually soaked in chemicals to make it expand much larger than it really is, then when you cook it, it shrinks down to almost nothing and the meat is all mushy.

Goat cheese I could kind of see some people having an aversion to eating anything from a goat itself. But they may not realize that Romano cheese itself is sometimes made with goat milk as well. I personally love goat cheese but unfortunately it's too expensive at our stores for me to buy it on a regular basis. I usually only get it for special occasions as it sells for about $8+ for just a tiny little bit of it that's barely enough for a few crackers.

I've never used it myself, but I think it's a gastro pub or a stores idea of making something sound posh and expensive by saying it's goats cheese, like a goats cheese salad or a goats cheese tart. It tastes okay, but is creamy and rich, but I often leave it to one side as it's a soft cheese as I prefer a cooked cheese topping although I've had a goats cheese quiche and it was nice but very heavy.

I've never used it myself, but I think it's a gastro pub or a stores idea of making something sound posh and expensive by saying it's goats cheese, like a goats cheese salad or a goats cheese tart. It tastes okay, but is creamy and rich, but I often leave it to one side as it's a soft cheese as I prefer a cooked cheese topping although I've had a goats cheese quiche and it was nice but very heavy.

Some chefs/cooks like to try something different trouble is it doesn't always work.

I never knew there was such dislike for this ingredient. I personally don't mind it but I wouldn't really seek it out either as there are lots more other cheeses that I'd prefer over it. I don't mind the smell myself and I think it tastes great. There are some variants here that don't have the smell and I like those a lot more especially on pizza.

I love it! But it is totally out of my price range. I have had goat cheese a couple of times at restaurants and I love the unique flavor it has. It really inspired me to try other goat milk products, until I got to the store and saw the price. Someday, if I should ever have enough money to shop based on something other than strictly nutritional value, I will try goal milk and goat kefir too.

When it's in the form of a sauce, I absolutely adore goat's cheese with some chips and dip. At first I'd been hesitant about eating it considering the name but now I very much enjoy when I see it's available at a restaurant. However, as far as making it's concerned, I still consider myself less than a novice when it comes to creating the recipe from complete scratch for any cheese.

the run of mill chèvre logs are ok grilled but i buy cheese fro a supplier in the new forrest who does some crackers a mild mini goats cheese soft and mild a hard pressed goats cheese for a different cheese board and a sublime softish blue goats cheese,sometimes a wait for the maturity of the cheeses due to demand,check out their web site
http://www.cheeseproducer.com/page/some_of_the_cheeses

Back
Top Bottom