Going to Chicago? You must try this!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
3:35 AM
It is featured at the John Hancock Center on the 94th floor. I was in Chicago for a week & tried it just the other day!! Gives you a spectacular look all the way to the sidewalk & street that the tower is on. Like nothing that you've seen before!!! :whistling:

It is featured at the John Hancock Center on the 94th floor. I was in Chicago for a week & tried it just the other day!! Gives you a spectacular look all the way to the sidewalk & street that the tower is on. Like nothing that you've seen before!!! :whistling:
View attachment 66879
That's over near a bar in there or something, isn't it? We were in Chicago several years ago, and I remember doing something like that in the Hancock building, though I don't remember it leaning like that, like it was just a glass cube that a couple of people at a time could fit into.

I do remember that we did it at night and the views with the city lit up were phenomenal.

It is static. The thrill is the height -- and leaning forward at that height.

BTW, that is a famous building from an architectural history perspective.

CD
The sky tower in Auckland has a glass floor when you step outside the lift at the top, where you can walk around the top of the tower. I wouldn't get out of the lift. I went straight back down again. I'm absolutely petrified of heights. The gondola ride in Queenstown I won't go up with my family. They tease me as they rock the car. I go up with others if I go now, and backward facing going back down.

Russ

The Ghost Bar in the W Hotel in Dallas has a glass balcony. It's only about 50 floors up. I didn't think it was a big deal.

Now THIS is a big deal...

Grand Canyon Skywalk - Wikipedia

View attachment 66971

CD

You'd never get me even close to that, our first night in Hawaii we checked in and were given a room on the 50th ? I think floor. I was a smoker back then, so the balcony door was opened about an inch to blow smoke out. Curtains has to be closed. Moved rooms next day to 3 or 4 floor.

Russ

You'd never get me even close to that, our first night in Hawaii we checked in and were given a room on the 50th ? I think floor. I was a smoker back then, so the balcony door was opened about an inch to blow smoke out. Curtains has to be closed. Moved rooms next day to 3 or 4 floor.

Russ

Me neither!

Okay, I think I see the confusion. It looks like that glass wall starts straight up, and tilts out. Not really a ride, but not static, either.

CD

In a sense, they are calling it a ride. Sort of like the rides on top of the Stratasphere Tower in Las Vegas. But I think that this ride is way better than the glass boxes on the Willis Tower! I read that the floors on one of them had cracked!! My intention was to go there, but I went to the John Hancock instead to try the 360- degree Tilt instead. :whistling:

In a sense, they are calling it a ride. Sort of like the rides on top of the Stratasphere Tower in Las Vegas. But I think that this ride is way better than the glass boxes on the Willis Tower! I read that the floors on one of them had cracked!! My intention was to go there, but I went to the John Hancock instead to try the 360- degree Tilt instead. :whistling:

Sounds like a good time! I would do it.

CD

Back
Top Bottom