Good morning, Foodies!

MayorDonut

Über Member
Local time
7:44 PM
Sending my hellos from sunny South Florida! :) I've recently found myself with a lot of extra time on my hands, which means that I can finally cook and explore new recipes and ideas in the kitchen! So tell me, what is the one recipe you can't do without?

Personally and thanks to Marin mama cooks, I love making variants of these couscous and garbanzo bean patties! They're perfect as small appetizers/sides or as the main dish! Depending on my mood, I'll chop up some peppers and onions or mushrooms and squash and mix them in. With a few adjustments, they can be easily made vegan, which is a major plus in my book!

Sending my hellos from sunny South Florida! :) I've recently found myself with a lot of extra time on my hands, which means that I can finally cook and explore new recipes and ideas in the kitchen! So tell me, what is the one recipe you can't do without?

Personally and thanks to Marin mama cooks, I love making variants of these couscous and garbanzo bean patties! They're perfect as small appetizers/sides or as the main dish! Depending on my mood, I'll chop up some peppers and onions or mushrooms and squash and mix them in. With a few adjustments, they can be easily made vegan, which is a major plus in my book!
Welcome! :welcome: I hope you enjoy it here. If you get a moment, please do add your location under your picture. Members here come from lots of different countries and its really useful to know where you are (especially as cooking terms and ingredients differ across countries). Its very easy to do. See here: How to add your location to below your avatar.

I do like your name very much @MayorDonut. Also enjoy your stay here. Feel free to share recipes and ask as much questions as you wish. There is already such a nice variety of groups here with such great recipes.. Let's keep adding to it!

Howdy! Welcome to the forums. I have only been to Miami in Florida but I thought it was a cool city!

Those couscous cakes look delicious! I often use couscous when we make stuffed peppers, but it's always nice having different ideas of ways to use an ingredient. It's hard for me to say just one recipe I can't do without - one thing I will say though is when my grandma passed away, I wish I had taken time to get more of her recipes. She was a true Italian Nonna in every sense of the word, but didn't really write her recipes down - they were all committed to memory. So that's one thing I think is super important, having things recorded so future generations can enjoy them!

welcome Mayor Donut. Garbanzo and couscous patties sounds interesting. in terms of one recipe I couldn't do without, it is really hard to say. I make a lot of different things. I change things up every time so I am not really recipe dependent. I can't actually think of anything off the bat, because I am never in a cooking rut. Even if I really like something, I might not make it again for awhile. Anyway, it is good to have you!

Welcome! :welcome: I hope you enjoy it here. If you get a moment, please do add your location under your picture. Members here come from lots of different countries and its really useful to know where you are (especially as cooking terms and ingredients differ across countries). Its very easy to do. See here: How to add your location to below your avatar.

Mine doesn't show up even though I have done exactly what it says to. Not sure if Y'all can see it I surely can't.

I firstly would like to thank you all for stopping by and saying hello! You guys are all awesome! :highfive:

Thank you, @morning glory! :D I've got my location set now!

I do like your name very much @MayorDonut. Also enjoy your stay here. Feel free to share recipes and ask as much questions as you wish. There is already such a nice variety of groups here with such great recipes.. Let's keep adding to it!

Hi, @aquaticneko! Though I've only just gotten started with looking through all of the forums and recipes, I've already got a couple noted down to try in the coming days! Hopefully I'll get to perfecting and writing up some of my own recipes to share with everyone here!!

welcome Mayor Donut. Garbanzo and couscous patties sounds interesting. in terms of one recipe I couldn't do without, it is really hard to say. I make a lot of different things. I change things up every time so I am not really recipe dependent. I can't actually think of anything off the bat, because I am never in a cooking rut. Even if I really like something, I might not make it again for awhile. Anyway, it is good to have you!

@kgord, I get that way with soups. I've only made a couple so far, but it's as though I need to go through an extended waiting period before making it again--which definitely drives my boyfriend crazy. He could easily cook and eat the same thing every day of the week and be fully satisfied.

Howdy! Welcome to the forums. I have only been to Miami in Florida but I thought it was a cool city!

Those couscous cakes look delicious! I often use couscous when we make stuffed peppers, but it's always nice having different ideas of ways to use an ingredient. It's hard for me to say just one recipe I can't do without - one thing I will say though is when my grandma passed away, I wish I had taken time to get more of her recipes. She was a true Italian Nonna in every sense of the word, but didn't really write her recipes down - they were all committed to memory. So that's one thing I think is super important, having things recorded so future generations can enjoy them!

Miami is pretty cool, @cupcakechef! Can't go wrong with having so many places around that serve up authentic desayuno! I've always wanted to try my hand at stuffed peppers, but I don't have a working oven at the moment to cook them in... And, my grandmother was the same in many regards! She always seemed to be baking something, but never had anything written down to go on.

Back
Top Bottom