Recipe Granola Bars

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
8:17 AM
Based on the ingredients of a ready-mix pack from Marks and Spencer cooked by @Kake Lover - see here! I worked out proportions of each ingredient and made it from scratch. I used a little more butter than the ready-mix suggests as the mix didn't seem to be adhering. This might be because I used jumbo oats - perhaps the ready-mix oats were a bit smaller. You can see the size of the oats quite clearly in the photos below. I also added a little salt as I thought it brought out the flavour of the granola.

The packet mix claims to make 12 bars but as @Kake Lover suggests, if you make 12, they are more squares than bars. I found that this quantity of mix made 8 bars (each about 1 inch by 3 inches). Here is how they turned out:

DSCF3135.jpg

Ingredients
100g oats
35g pumpkin seeds
35g sunflower seeds
35g dried cranberries
20g sultanas
7g poppy seeds
1/2 tsp salt
60g melted butter
100g runny honey

Method
Step 1. Make the granola:

• Heat the oven to 160C.
  • Mix the oats, seeds and berries with 60g of the honey and 40g of the melted butter.
  • Spread the mixture onto a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 25 mins.
Step 2. Make the granola bars
  • Mix the granola with the remaining 40g of honey and 20g of melted butter.
  • Pack into a dish (approx. 4 inches by 6 inches ) and press down. I lined the dish with clingfilm to make it easier to turn out.
  • Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
DSCF3136.jpg

DSCF3137.jpg

Last edited:
Based on the ingredients of a ready-mix pack from Marks and Spencer cooked by @Kake Lover - see here! I worked out proportions of each ingredient and made it from scratch. I used a little more butter than the ready-mix suggests as the mix didn't seem to be adhering. This might be because I used jumbo oats - perhaps the ready-mix oats were a bit smaller. You can see the size of the oats quite clearly in the photos below. I also added a little salt as I thought it brought out the flavour of the granola.

The packet mix claims to make 12 bars but as @Kake Lover suggests, if you make 12, they are more squares than bars. I found that this quantity of mix made 8 bars (each about 1 inch by 3 inches). Here is how they turned out:

View attachment 5342

Ingredients
100g oats
35g pumpkin seeds
35g sunflower seeds
35g dried cranberries
20g sultanas
7g poppy seeds
1/2 tsp salt
60g melted butter
100g runny honey

Method
Step 1. Make the granola:

• Heat the oven to 160C.
  • Mix the oats, seeds and berries with 60g of the honey and 40g of the melted butter.
  • Spread the mixture onto a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 25 mins.
Step 2. Make the granola bars
  • Mix the granola with the remaining 40g of honey and 20g of melted butter.
  • Pack into a dish (approx. 4 inches by 6 inches ) and press down. I lined the dish with clingfilm to make it easier to turn out.
  • Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
View attachment 5341

View attachment 5343
They look delicious!

An adapted recipe withh no credit to where the recipe has been copied from.

Back
Top Bottom