Great British Bake Off

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
1:53 AM
Is anyone else interested in this?

Last night was the first in the new series and it is the first time I have actually watched the first episode, normally we dip in now and again but only watch it towards the end and to see the winner. We are not big cake eaters but it is good to see amateur bakers go from strength to strength.

Is anyone else interested in this?

Last night was the first in the new series and it is the first time I have actually watched the first episode, normally we dip in now and again but only watch it towards the end and to see the winner. We are not big cake eaters but it is good to see amateur bakers go from strength to strength.
Its not just cakes - Paul Hollywood is primarily a baker of bread. But admittedly, a lot of the rounds are cake challenges. I virtually never eat cake so I'm not as interested in this series as I am in other cooking shows. I do make cakes, though, sometimes.

I know the programme takes some flack but I like the idea that Mr or Mrs Bloggs can show off their skills and take pride in their achievements.

I don't watch it any more,but I do find it odd that the program finished a while ago but the winner never gets found out!
And will the programme survive with the move channels and the exit of the girls,
Will mr Hollywood have enough about him to keep the show alive ?

I don't watch it any more,but I do find it odd that the program finished a while ago but the winner never gets found out!
And will the programme survive with the move channels and the exit of the girls,
Will mr Hollywood have enough about him to keep the show alive ?

It is a bit odd isn't it. When it moves it will change obviously but good luck to Paul and whoever co hosts. I have 3 favourites but Candice isn't 1 of them, waterworks and pouting are annoying.

Bye bye Benjamina, sorry to see her go. Not :)a fan of Candice but I cannot choose between the other 3 to win.

Selasi was lovely and laid back.... but maybe just a little too laid back to make it through to the final!

Andrew is my favourite! I couldn't believe he made the pastry again and still managed to get a good result!

On the whole I find the program inspires me to try new things, and I find I pick up little tips from watching them so for me it is a learning experience. And of course I love cakes! My avatar is my attempt at producing those after watching one of the shows.

Selasi was lovely and laid back.... but maybe just a little too laid back to make it through to the final!

Andrew is my favourite! I couldn't believe he made the pastry again and still managed to get a good result!

On the whole I find the program inspires me to try new things, and I find I pick up little tips from watching them so for me it is a learning experience. And of course I love cakes! My avatar is my attempt at producing those after watching one of the shows.

Are those your own cakes in the avatar? They look great.:D Why aren't you posting recipes with pictures? We beed more of that on the forum!

Are those your own cakes in the avatar? They look great.:D Why aren't you posting recipes with pictures? We need more of that on the forum!
They were the Viennese Whirls from earlier in the series.. fit for a giant!:laugh: Slightly larger than they were supposed to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
They were the Viennese Whirls from earlier in the series.. fit for a giant!:laugh: Slightly larger than they were supposed to be.
Well they look great in your photo. Seriously @summerdays , we need more people here posting recipes with photos. It would be great if you could post that. Recipes don't need to be original (just credit the source). :okay:

Back
Top Bottom