Greetings from Aus

HairyHeaven

Local time
8:38 AM
Hi everyone
I'm a passionate home cook from Sydney, Australia. While I've always grown my own herbs, I've started growing my own vegetables recently which I'm loving using. I don't have a particular favourite cuisine, I love all foods although I tend towards the savoury rather than sweet to eat. I do make desserts when the occasion calls for it.
I love entertaining, and I also love eating out and getting ideas on new ways to use ingredients.

I also love animals of all sorts (hence the user name) and I currently own a Chinese Crested dog and a fat Russian Blue cat :)

I look forward to getting to know everyone

Hi and Welcome.
I'm just down the road between Goulburn and Canberra!
:welcome:

I also grow my own herbs and usually all of my own veg (I live rurally) but this year has been a wipeout because of the continuing drought. I have managed to keep a few things alive by using greywater for everything but there is only so much you can do when it doesn't rain.
How's the air quality with you? Tonight is a rare night that we have been able to sit out on the veranda watching the (bantam) chicks explore. I haven't risked opening any windows mind you. I can see the quality issues with my (lack of) view currently!

Anyhow, please feel free to jumpin or not. We have various competitions and challenges running and if you need help with the site setup or how to use it or the media gallery just post in Site Support.

SNSSO

I am not cognizant enough about which areas are in fire danger, and which are not.
Fires Near Me
Google also have a 'crisis map' where they have lifted this information directly from the above link, But I have filtered out fires that are not Bushfires on the map i've attached and added in an idea of scale.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200120-185809_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20200120-185809_Opera.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom