Greetings from Oz

Hi @murphyscreek and welcome to CookingBites.:welcome: Please feel free to join in any of our discussions or start new threads. You could tell us what you ate today in our regular thread What did you cook, eat or drink today and we also generally have some fun challenges see The CookingBites Challenges. Our site owner is resident in Australia and we have a few other regular contributors from Australia and NZ. What kind of food do you like to cook, @murphyscreek?

Thankyou for the warm welcome @morningglory. I mostly tend to steer towards Asian style dishes, though by no means exclusively. And I do like my protein in the form of meat!!. But that's not to say there aren't a multitude of vegetarian dishes that I really like....and having travelled through India quite a bit over the years as we all know some of their veg dishes can be sublime if done well. Am currently on leave and am travelling in Vietnam and some of the dishes here could only be described as sublime as well!! Cheers.

Have been a big fan of Luke Nguyen for quite a few years. I have a couple of his beautiful books that not only have good recipes, but wonderful anecdotes of life as migrants in a new Country and growing a restaurant business.

Hi and welcome to CookingBites.

As mentioned I'm currently residing in Australia as well and I too am enjoying the variety of Asian dishes available (though in vegan form).
this weekend it is the multicultural festival in Canberra and we make a habit of attending it because we love the variety of food there - even in vegan form, there are loads of options. We also get to have some of our favourite Turkish and Greek dishes as well as the Ethiopian food which is fantastic. I know for the last 2 years, each time we have ended up going back to the Ethiopian stall for more of their wonderful food. Otherwise it is vegan Vietnamese for which there are a very large number of restaurants in most capital cities in Australia.

SNSSO
(Site Owner)

Back
Top Bottom