Greetings from Texas!

missbee23

Veteran
Local time
2:44 AM
A wise friend once told me, "you have to eat the rest of your life, so you might as well eat good food". I am currently falling in love with cooking because I realize that good technique is the secret to good food. I used to look at cooking as a chore, and something that I HAD to do to feed my family. Now I enjoy testing new recipes, and experimenting with dishes that are outside of my comfort zone. I love trying new things. My kids, who are normally picky eaters, are learning from my example, and now Indian cuisine is a favorite at our house. I look forward to learning a lot here, and hopefully I have some useful tidbits to share. See you in the forums! Cheers!

Where in Texas?

My mother grew up in Ft. Worth. I was born in Houston (though it was a weird fluke, my father was between stations in the Air Force so my mom was staying with her brother at the time). But then I actually went to college at Baylor. Texas is in my blood. I'm in NC now, but I have an itch to go back soon - probably for homecoming.

Back
Top Bottom