Recipe Grilled Chicken with a Lime Marinade

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
5:54 AM
I made a citrus marinade using three limes, two lemons, and two oranges. The chicken has been marinating in it all day. I'll be cooking it shortly. I will of course post some pictures.

Ingredients
  • 2 oranges, juiced
  • 2 lemons, juiced, or more to taste
  • 3 limes, juiced, or more to taste
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 5 boneless chicken breasts
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions
  1. Place orange juice, lemon juice, and lime juice in a bowl. Add garlic, kosher salt, chili powder, paprika, ground cumin, cayenne, oregano, and black pepper. Whisk until well blended.
  2. Place chicken in marinade and thoroughly coat with the mixture. Cover with plastic wrap with the wrap touching the surface of the meat and marinade. (Or transfer mixture to a resealable plastic bag.) Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
  3. Transfer chicken from marinade to a paper-towel-lined bowl to absorb most of the moisture. Discard paper towels. Drizzle vegetable oil and a bit more paprika on the chicken
  4. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
  5. grill chicken breasts

I will be serving the chicken over chopped lettuce.

chicken is coming along nicely.

20180318_171033.jpg
20180317_125112.jpg

I don't usually go the marinade route. Wow, was this ever delicious.

You're a little late for the chicken challenge. But this'll do for limes. It looks delicious and there aren't many who don't favor grilled chicken.

You're a little late for the chicken challenge. But this'll do for limes. It looks delicious and there aren't many who don't favor grilled chicken.

If you would like I could post the marinade recipe separately in a different forum an only submit that for the challenge?

If you thinly slice some onions in the marinade and reserve it after removing the chicken and add it to a 1/2 cup of shimmering Spanish olive oil off the heat (it will spatter fiercely at first), put it back on the heat and cook through, you'll have some great Mojo Criollo. Serve it at room temp.

Back
Top Bottom