Recipe Grilled Spinach & Feta Panini Sandwiches

OhioTom76

Guru
Local time
12:45 PM
I got this from another web site I read regularly, and it's a favorite go to recipe of mine now:

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/08/spinach-feta-grilled-cheese/

I really like the Wal-Mart bakery ciabatta rolls for this, they have just the right density and texture and hold up to the grilling. The main thing I change from the recipe above is I use fresher ingredients, and also season the crust of the ciabatta with some butter and garlic powder before grilling.

Start by heating your George Foreman Grill if you've got one, or something similar such as an electric panini press. In a small frying pan, sautee a bunch of fresh baby spinach in some olive oil, minced garlic and red pepper flakes. No need to season here because the cheese is plenty salty.

Slice some fresh mozarella. Take the roll and butter the exterior then sprinkle with garlic powder. Assemble the sandwich with the fresh mozarella, sauteed spinach, and crumbled feta. Grill it in the Foreman Grill until the inside is completely melted, and the exterior is a deep golden brown.

Of course this is awesome dipped in some homemade marinara as well.

That looks fantastic! I am going to try this tonight minus the feta cheese as I am a vegan. Spinach tastes so good on panini bread. Heck, anything on panini bread tastes good I might add a few random ingredients to liven up the dish. Thanks for the recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom