Recipe Grilled West-Indian Pork Chops

cookieee

Local time
11:56 AM
Grilled West-Indian Pork Chops

This was last night's dinner. DH made 1/2 recipe of the rub since we only had 2 chops. He also cut way back on the red pepper because of me, so the full amount should be hot for those that like it that way.

For the rub: Combine in small dry skillet over medium heat and toast, shaking pan often to prevent burning, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minute.
1/4 cup cumin seeds
1/4 cup coriander seeds

Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Grind to a fine powder in spice grinder or blender or with a mortar and pestle. Transfer to small bowl and add, stirring:
1/4 cup curry powder
1/4 cup ground white pepper
1/4 cup ground ginger
1/4 cup salt
2 TB ground allspice
2 TB ground red pepper

Store, covered, in cool, dark, dry place for up to 6 weeks.

Pat dry:
4 center-cut pork loin chops (bone-in or boneless), 3/4 to 1 1/2 inches thick

Rub each chop with about 1 tsp. of rub on both sides. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.

Prepare grill with medium-hot coals or heat gas grill or broiler. Grill chops 5 to 8 minutes each side for bone-in, 4 to 6 minutes each side for boneless, depending on thickness.

Source: Family Circle Joy of Cooking mag. 1998

Last edited:
Sounds good - I like the use of white pepper. Its an underused spice, I think. In fact, I've come across folk who are quite snobbish about it - black pepper must be used! I reckon that black and white pepper have different flavour profiles...

By the way - there is an attachment to your post which seems to be a spinning 'progress' symbol. I think you will find that as a new member you don't yet have permission to edit the post to correct it. If you post the intended image as a reply in this thread, I can edit the top post for you.

Last edited:
Sounds good - I like the use of white pepper. Its an underused spice, I think. In fact, I've come across folk who are quite snobbish about it - black pepper must be used! I reckon that black and white pepper have different flavour profiles...

By the way - there is an attachment to your post which seems to be a spinning 'progress' symbol. I think you will find that as a new member you don't yet have permission to edit the post to correct it. If you post the intended image as a reply in this thread, I can edit the top post for you.

Yes please, don't know how it got there. lol

Grilled West-Indian Pork Chops

This was last night's dinner. DH made 1/2 recipe of the rub since we only had 2 chops. He also cut way back on the red pepper because of me, so the full amount should be hot for those that like it that way.

For the rub: Combine in small dry skillet over medium heat and toast, shaking pan often to prevent burning, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minute.
1/4 cup cumin seeds
1/4 cup coriander seeds

Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Grind to a fine powder in spice grinder or blender or with a mortar and pestle. Transfer to small bowl and add, stirring:
1/4 cup curry powder
1/4 cup ground white pepper
1/4 cup ground ginger
1/4 cup salt
2 TB ground allspice
2 TB ground red pepper

Store, covered, in cool, dark, dry place for up to 6 weeks.

Pat dry:
4 center-cut pork loin chops (bone-in or boneless), 3/4 to 1 1/2 inches thick

Rub each chop with about 1 tsp. of rub on both sides. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.

Prepare grill with medium-hot coals or heat gas grill or broiler. Grill chops 5 to 8 minutes each side for bone-in, 4 to 6 minutes each side for boneless, depending on thickness.

Source: Family Circle Joy of Cooking mag. 1998

View attachment 29972

Is this what you wanted me to do? Having a hard time finding my way around this place. Please bare with me.

Is this what you wanted me to do? Having a hard time finding my way around this place. Please bare with me.

Its OK. I understand how difficult it is with a new site! The post above is just a repeat of the top post. What we need to know is if you had an attachment (photo) which you had posted. If you did, try sending me the photo in a PM or post it in this thread.

Nice job, any pics or was it too good to stop. Lol. I usually forget if I'm hungry. :)

Russ
Hi Russ, thanks, no pics from me. Unless their in a link I post. lol
Looks great! By red pepper, do you mean cayenne?
Its OK. I understand how difficult it is with a new site! The post above is just a repeat of the top post. What we need to know is if you had an attachment (photo) which you had posted. If you did, try sending me the photo in a PM or post it in this thread.
No attachments (that I know of)

Could someone please edit out that thing, I am getting dizzy. lol

Could someone please edit out that thing, I am getting dizzy. lol
Done.
Hi Russ, thanks, no pics from me, unless they're in a link I post. lol

If you are going to link to a picture of a recipe, can you please ensure that you have permission from the owner of the picture. Just because an image is on the internet, does not mean it is legal to show it here as well. (If you are copying a recipe on to here you need to have copyright permission as well, unless the recipe is your own creation. It is important to stay legal.)

By "own creation" do you mean a recipe that I made up or a recipe that I typed from a source?

Done.

If you are going to link to a picture of a recipe, can you please ensure that you have permission from the owner of the picture. Just because an image is on the internet, does not mean it is legal to show it here as well. (If you are copying a recipe on to here you need to have copyright permission as well, unless the recipe is your own creation. It is important to stay legal.)

I thought that if you credit the recipe source it was all good?

By "own creation" do you mean a recipe that I made up or a recipe that I typed from a source?
I thought that if you credit the recipe source it was all good?

If you type out or copy and paste a recipe from somewhere else, its fine if you add the recipe source. That isn't to do with copyright - its just good netiquette that you don't make it look as if the recipe is your own. There are a few food websites which ask you not to reproduce their recipes but only to use links. In reality their is little they can do to prevent anyone reproducing their recipes, but again, its good manners to respect their wishes.

As far is the law is concerned, there is zero chance of anyone being prosecuted for posting a recipe on here which exists somewhere else on the internet or is from a cookery book. To my knowledge, only one case has been recorded (not an internet case) which was about a publisher using recipes from Danone yoghurt in a book, without permission. The case lost because the recipes were not considered in any way 'original'!

Further reading if you are really interested:
The Definitive Guide to Recipes and Copyright - Paleo Flourishhttps://paleoflourish.com › Blog › Blogging
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2006/mar/24/foodanddrink.uk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom