Grocery List

Ellyn

Veteran
Local time
7:10 AM
Phew! So, after a whole month of being plagued by what I like to call "food muses", I feel like I can go back to regular shopping and just bake something special and elaborate maybe once a month.

You've got to appreciate the simple things, too, you know.

- oatmeal, as always and especially now that I've tried it savory
- potatoes, because I can't have oatmeal for every meal even though I can have it both sweet and savory
- peanut butter, to have with the potatoes
- just kidding, jicama turnips as it turns out taste great with peanut butter because they're mild and juicy and slightly sweet--they could be mistaken for apples why was I having them with salt and vinegar all this time? This is my new favorite snack. Topped with golden raisins, I call it "Termites on a Boulder"
- eggs, I don't usually buy eggs but now that I know the baking soda trick then I'll have them boiled (soft, and hard and deviled) more often
- Vienna sausages
- ketchup, mayonnaise, blackstrap molasses, and mustard for deviling the eggs but not at the same time
- button mushrooms and baby potatoes
- maybe a packet of bechamel sauce, or maybe some butter and flour and milk that I can make my own; haven't decided how lazy I'm going to be

What's on your grocery list?

Cheese and spices for today as well as broccoli and other veggies. Lean pickings this week for meals but I finally got paid so I can head to the store. Oops, almost forgot the mushrooms.

Good thread! I love finding out what people are buying at the grocery store.

On my grocery list (which is saved on my phone) is:

Eggs
Chicken
Lemon
Milk
Powder milk
Low-fat yogurt
Cheese
Diet Coke
Bottled water

It's pretty much what I intend to buy this week!

Tomatoes, onions, parmesan cheese, mangoes, watermelon, whole wheat bread, almond milk, brie cheese, french bread, white vinegar, bread crumbs.

Peanut butter in mash is lovely.

Copious amount of tomatoes... the addiction continues.

Eggs, definitely eggs.
More veggies because all we have left in our fridge are 2 zucchini and 2 carrots. Maybe some broccoli but I'm sure we finished that too.
Butter (for toast)
granola (for yogurt, but I may get it at the next shopping trip)
More fruit (we only have apples at home)

I'm sure there's a few more missing but that's all I can think of now. I need to find more veggie recipes though so I may end up buying 2x the amount of veggies than I normally get haha.

I'm only topping off my first trip so I don't need that much this time. Right now all I'm needing is

Ketchup
Corn
Cabbage
Potatoes
Onions
Ground beef
Cheese
Soy sauce
Beef bouillon cubes

Of course I'll be buying some extra personal snack items on the side as well. I'll probably be getting some chips too and maybe some pita bread and also some canned goods like corned beef.

Back
Top Bottom