1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
1 lb pizza dough (for 1 pizza)
1⁄4 cup pizza sauce
3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated

Directions
In a skillet, cook ground beef, onion, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper at medium-high heat, stirring from time to time, 3 to 5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Drain any fat. Set aside.

On a lightly floured surface, lower the dough in a circle of 12 inches of diameter. Put on a greased pizza plate. Spread sauce on the pizza dough. Garnish with beef preparation and sprinkle with cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Cook on the lowest grill in a preheated oven of 500 F for about 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and crust is golden and slighly inflated.

http://www.food.com/recipe/ground-beef-pizza-281966

I did this with some minced pork/chicken. I loved it. I might consider even changing it up to suit my family as well by adding more vegetables. Also, my boyfriend demands hot pepper on his pizzas.

Oh, that looks great! I have stocked on ground beef in my freezer and might as well give it a try tonight:)

View attachment 2530
Ingredients
1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
1 lb pizza dough (for 1 pizza)
1⁄4 cup pizza sauce
3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated

Directions
In a skillet, cook ground beef, onion, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper at medium-high heat, stirring from time to time, 3 to 5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Drain any fat. Set aside.

On a lightly floured surface, lower the dough in a circle of 12 inches of diameter. Put on a greased pizza plate. Spread sauce on the pizza dough. Garnish with beef preparation and sprinkle with cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Cook on the lowest grill in a preheated oven of 500 F for about 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and crust is golden and slighly inflated.

http://www.food.com/recipe/ground-beef-pizza-281966
Was this meant as an entry for the Recipe Challenge, @classic33? I do hope so!

You can't go wrong with homemade pizza. It is one of my favorite things to make on the weekends. You can adjust it to your liking and every time you make it, it is different. This one looks really good.

Well I am loving this as much as I should probably stay away from all the flour. Truth be told I hardly ever ask for minced meat as a topping but on this occasion I am going to let it slide. I like this. I won't say I am going to make it and then 4 months later be saying I still have not gotten around to it.

I made a homemade pizza awhile back, and put veggie toppings on it. It was really good, but I was thinking it would have been exceptional with ground hamburger included with the toppings. My roommate said I said crumbled sausage would be even better. I think hamburger would have been better though. It is interesting this recipe calls for cheddar cheese. Most call for mozarella or some kind of Italian cheese blend..

Back
Top Bottom