Recipe Ground Meat Recipes

Ellyn

Veteran
Local time
4:19 PM
I use the same mix for hamburgers that I do for meatballs and spaghetti, but I haven't tried turning it into meatloaf. I might add roast garlic and leave the ground Parmasan out if I did.

This basic recipe, inherited from my grandfather:

Ingredients
- 1/2 kilogram lean round ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs (but I add a cup, although slightly crushed bagel chips broken into large crumbs make for the fluffiest meatballs!)
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground Parmasan cheese (yup, that goes in the meat as well as sprinkled on top if we're going for spaghetti sauce...and I love cheese, so I put in about a cup of this)
- ground white pepper to taste (maybe about three or four generous dashes)
- salt to taste (maybe slightly less than the pepper)

Directions:
Pour the ground beef into a bowl, shape it into a volcano, and add all the dry ingredients except for the salt and pepper. Knead until even, then add the eggs, salt, and pepper. Shape into balls or patties and fry.

If making tomato spaghetti sauce with meatballs...
Fry the meatballs in a pan first until the outside is cooked to seal the juices in, then in a separate pot combine a liter can of tomato sauce with two tablespoons of tomato paste, simmer and stir until they thicken. Then add the meatballs to the sauce and cook until the meatballs are fully cooked.
Tip: A small can of maybe six chorizo de bilbao sausages make a salty, hearty addition. The whole thing is best served with overcooked spaghetti, not al dente. This sauce can also be used in lasagna.

Back
Top Bottom