Recipe Guacamole

mjd

Veteran
Local time
7:39 AM
I don't know if this is the correct sub-forum.

Guacamole
Source: Guacamole

Prep: 10 mins
Total: 10 mins
Servings: 4

3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup diced onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (Optional)

Step 1

In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.

Tips
Upgrade your cutting boards using our guide to the best cutting boards on the market, then use them to prepare our favorite recipes.

Nutrition Facts
Per Serving: 262 calories; protein 3.7g; carbohydrates 18g; fat 22.2g; sodium 595.7mg.

Source: Guacamole

Yeah, my ingredients are very similar. I like a chunkier guac. Limes come in different sizes so the juice from 1 can make a difference. My preference for lime in guac is just to have a faint acidity and taste and not to be overwhelmed by it. I add lime and the very end so I can control that aspect.

I wouldn't use cayenne pepper - it has to be red chilli for me! I don't use fresh coriander (cilantro) either but I suppose it would be good.

It's appropriate but you can use what ever you want. I've used chipotle in adobo for a different take, and it was delish.

Jalapenos are somewhat difficult to find here - although recently they have appeared in some supermarkets. Yes - I've used all sorts of different fresh chillies. Last time I made it, I used, bird's eye chillies.

Back
Top Bottom