Guacamole

Ellyn

Veteran
Local time
10:07 AM
This is basically a dip made out of avocado, lime, and salt. Cilantro and jalapeno peppers are also considered part of the base.

Beyond that, it's interesting to see what else can be added to it. Onions. Tomatoes. Bell peppers. Pimentos. Dill maybe even... There's a blog entry that I can't find, that compared homemade guacamole to a snowflake in that it's always unique and a recipe just kinda sorta defeats the purpose. When it comes to this dip, everything is measured "to taste".

What else would you add? (Or omit, if say you just don't like cilantro for whatever reason).

I will use cilantro but not much, I find it a fairly strong herb for my taste buds. Dill is a biggie for me and I will use only red onions. I continually experiment with different types of peppers not only with the guacamole but also my salsa.

I recently went to a Mexican fusion restaurant and they had at least one dozen different types of guacamole. The most interesting one they had, and I tried, was a spicy tuna guac. The topping was spicy tuna, similar to what you would find in sushi. It was delicious, and I am usually not much of a guac fan and also very spicy.

Back
Top Bottom