1 broiling/frying chicken (about 3 lbs) cut into serving pieces
1 bottle of Guinness
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon dark molasses
1/8 teaspoon red pepper sauce

Method
Rub seasoned salt evenly over chicken. Arrange chicken in single layer in shallow 2-quart baking dish.
Mix remaining ingredients in small bowl; pour over chicken pieces. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight; turn chicken over several times during marinating.
Preheat coals in outdoor barbeque. Remove chicken from marinade; reserving marinade. Arrange chicken, skin-side up, on cooking rack 5-7 inches above hot coals. Cook until underside of chicken is dark brown, 20-25 minutes. Brush it with marinade.
Turn chicken over; brush chicken with marinade. Cook until underside of chicken is dark brown, 20-25 minutes longer. Turn chicken over; continue cooking until chicken is fork tender, 5-10 minutes longer, brushing often with marinade. Serve hot or cold.

http://www.karott.com/guinness_recipes/meats.htm#MT41

Another great Guinness recipe. Chicken is my favorite food to eat so I know that I will definitely
be giving this recipe a try. The molasses and brown sugar will make for an awesome
sweet flavour!

That does look really good!! I like the idea of adding molasses and brown sugar for the sweet flavor. I will have to give this a try this weekend maybe.

I am good with this but my chicken is not going to be looking so white. I would also stick this in the oven. I might actually try this one first if not the drink. I realised I had a six pack of Gunness and not two so even if someone decides to drink some they'll leave me two at least.

I am good with this but my chicken is not going to be looking so white. I would also stick this in the oven. I might actually try this one first if not the drink. I realised I had a six pack of Gunness and not two so even if someone decides to drink some they'll leave me two at least.
Back of the hand with the wooden spoon. Its cooking material!

Back
Top Bottom