Recipe Guinness® Broccoli Cheddar Dip

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
6:35 AM
Guinness Broccoli Cheddar Dip
guinness-broccoli-cheddar-dip-jpg.jpg

"Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home."
James Joyce, Ulysses

Ingredients:
  • 1 can of Guinness Draught
  • 2 pounds broccoli, steamed and grated
  • on box grater
  • 11⁄2 pounds cheddar, grated
  • 4 shallots, diced
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
  • 10 ounces heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon dijon mustard

Instructions:

• In a saucepan, cook shallots and garlic in oil until soft and colorless.
  • Add mustard, Guinness and 8 ounces of cream, reserving 2 ounces.
  • Reduce by half on medium heat.
  • Turn heat to low and whisk in 1 pound of cheddar. Remove from heat and let cool for 3 minutes, then stir in 2 ounces cream, broccoli, 1/2-pound of cheddar and herbs.
  • Once incorporated, transfer to Pyrex or microwave dish, cool completely in refrigerator.
  • When ready to serve, heat in microwave or oven at 350 degrees until hot and bubbling. Let cool slightly before serving with an assorment of dippers.
http://draftmag.com/recipes/detail/22

Another awesome Guinness recipe. I may try this. My partner is having a birthday party get together at the end of the month and I need to prepare some appetizers to serve to our guest. This one look like it may be a hit among all the beer drinkers who will be attenting!

Don't we have this recipe somewhere already? I thought I saw it elsewhere. L_B seems to be getting all excited by it Classic 33. Seems you have a loyal soldier. I am waiting to see if she tries something before I do. I am working long hours these days so I think the family is spared any Guinness mishaps until later.

Don't we have this recipe somewhere already? I thought I saw it elsewhere. L_B seems to be getting all excited by it Classic 33. Seems you have a loyal soldier. I am waiting to see if she tries something before I do. I am working long hours these days so I think the family is spared any Guinness mishaps until later.
Its in a thread. You said you were going to try it, but your stocks of one ingredient were low!

Back
Top Bottom