Recipe Guinness® Cheesecake

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
1:02 AM
“and with that he took the bloody old towser by the scruff of the neck and by Jesus he near throttled him.”
James Joyce, Ulysses

100g butter, melted
300g digestive biscuits, crushed
2 x 250g packs of cream cheese
250ml GUINNESS (original bottled tastes best)
2 x 15ml spoons of custard powder
5ml spoon ground cinnamon
5ml spoon vanilla essence
100g caster sugar
3 eggs

Preheat oven to 180 C, 350 F or Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 22cm springform tin.
Mix the butter with the biscuits and press into the tin.
Combine the remaining ingredients with a whisk until smooth and pour into the tin on top of the biscuit base.
Bake in the oven for 1 hour & 10 minutes until nice and firm. Allow to cool, turn out and dust with icing sugar.

I really really really like the James Joyce quote on this one. For those of you who don't know, I have a new DOG (scars to prove it). I'll say no more.

I really really really like the James Joyce quote on this one. For those of you who don't know, I have a new DOG (scars to prove it). I'll say no more.
It's interesting that I caught the Jesus in that quote first and was wondering if it was a scriptural quote, then I got it. I like it myself. My scars are mental from my most recent addition. Anyway what brought me here was the cheesecake. I am yet to attempt one and I do love cheesecake. If things go wrong with this if I ever decide to try, the dog I alluded would most likely be happy to eat it all.

It's interesting that I caught the Jesus in that quote first and was wondering if it was a scriptural quote, then I got it. I like it myself. My scars are mental from my most recent addition. Anyway what brought me here was the cheesecake. I am yet to attempt one and I do love cheesecake. If things go wrong with this if I ever decide to try, the dog I alluded would most likely be happy to eat it all.
You'd give drink to a dog!

Back
Top Bottom