Recipe Guinness® HotDogs

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
9:47 PM
"This recipe will turn any hot dog into a haute dog! Serve with bbq sauce, mustard, and kraut."
997448-jpg.jpg

“Into the wikeawades warld from sleep we are passing.”
James Joyce, Finnegans Wake

Ingredients

• 1 teaspoon butter
  • 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) bottle Guinness®
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
  • 8 hot dogs
Directions
  1. Heat 1 teaspoon butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the melted butter until onion is softened and liquid is released, about 10 minutes. Add beer, 1/2 cup butter, garlic powder, and hot sauce to onion; bring to a boil until beer begins to froth. Reduce heat and add hot dogs to beer mixture; simmer until hot dogs are heated through, 5 to 8 minutes.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/231609/guinness-dogs/

I was thinking that for dinner tonight I was just going to have a few hot dogs rather then cook a meal after a long day at work.
Then I come on here and see this and this recipe just may work. I will have to stop by the beer store on the way home to pick
up some for Guinness and then I should be good to do. I like that it is simple and easy to make! :)

L_B, so it's another day and I am anxious to know if you tried this after all. I have to tell you I won't risk all of my hot dogs on this recipe. I would at least try the recipe with half the amount. Did you bother to try or did you delay like I am doing with all Guinness recipes?

L_B, so it's another day and I am anxious to know if you tried this after all. I have to tell you I won't risk all of my hot dogs on this recipe. I would at least try the recipe with half the amount. Did you bother to try or did you delay like I am doing with all Guinness recipes?
Delay! Why the delay?

Delay! Why the delay?
Life's happening and I have my hands full with this, that and nothing. Want to be in the right frame of mind when I am doing something new and truth be told I have not been doing much in the kitchen recently and when I do it's something quick, easy and familiar.

Life's happening and I have my hands full with this, that and nothing. Want to be in the right frame of mind when I am doing something new and truth be told I have not been doing much in the kitchen recently and when I do it's something quick, easy and familiar.
Nothing to do with a supply shortage then?

Back
Top Bottom